The data in our details widget is not filtered by the spatial filter we're using. The other widgets are filtered, so it seems to be a problem or a bug with the widget.
Are we the only ones to have that behavior?
Sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. I am unable to reproduce this issue. I tried doing a spatial filter based on selecting polygon features from a category selector and also the map. In both cases it correctly filtered the Details element. Sounds like it could be a more specific bug. I suggest you work with Esri Support on this issue.
I am currently also running into the same issue. The filter works when it is set to an attribute filter but does not work under special (I get a triangle on the lower left corner stating that it could not access the data). We are also running portal yet it functions properly when I run it on our online version. By any chance were you able to get it correct, and if so would you mind sharing what was done to correct the error?
George, I found a workaround to fix this issue. Once I changed the source of the Filter Layer to be outside of the the default map all spatial filters worked. So instead of browsing within your map for the source use "Select Layer" in the top right corner and set it that way.
This is obviously a bug, but it fixed the "Cannot Access Data" problems that I was having. You might want to give it a try.
I tried it and it did not function for me unfortunately. My shape files are complex and high in numbers. Thank you for your help though, maybe we can get someone from ESRI to chime in.
Same here, I get a Cannot Access Data notice on some of my spatial filters within the Enterprise Portal Operations Dashboard. On one of my filters I am using a 5 feature polygon feature class and the spatial filter works on 3 out of the 5 features (i.e., Council Districts). I haven't looked into it but I'm wondering if it has to do with complex polygons (e.g., curves, donut polygons, island polygons).
I was having a similar issue with my spatial filter created using the left pane not filtering my results. The fix for my issue was that in the Map Configs. under Map Actions, I had filters applied. I believe you cannot have both map action filters and a spatial filter. Once I removed all map actions, my spatial filter on the left pane started working for all my features.
While it doesn't explain the Cannot Access Data issue (which I am also getting), I noticed if you enable the Flash action on your target map (took a couple of tries for the screenshot), the outline it displays is a simplified boundary and not the actual polygon boundary. I am not sure that is boundary it is using because even that isn't correct, in my case.