Details Element not showing Arcade Expression

05-10-2018 06:38 AM
AlexTamilos
New Contributor III

Hello, 

I noticed recently that the details element of operations dashboard doesnt show my arcade expression in the pop up menu. (see pictures below)

Pop-upDetail element:

Thank you,

Alex

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alex,

Currently, arcade expressions are only supported in pop-ups in the web map within Operations Dashboard.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
AlexTamilos
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response Derek Law, but it use to work until a couple weeks ago.

I found an old screenshot from Apil 18th.

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Alex,

Currently, Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS supports arcade in web maps in the following ways: layer symbology, layer labels, and within a pop-up. It's interesting to see it work in the Details element (I was not aware of this) ... and I suppose it's very similar in nature to the behavior of pop-ups in web maps. It could be a bug.

Can you please open an incident with Esri Tech Support so they can investigate further?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
AlexTamilos
New Contributor III

Hello Derek,

I thought arcade working in the details elements was the default behavior.

Thank you for clarifying! 

I'll open an incident with Tech Support.

Thanks again,

Alex

Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

Derek is Arcade in Ops. Dashboard in product plan development? Any ETA when it will be released. it will drastically open many possibilities for development from a client perspective. 

DerekLaw

Hi Joe,

Yes, enhancing support for arcade expressions in Operations Dashboard is on the Dev roadmap. If you have specific workflows/requirements - please email me directly: dlaw@esri.com, so I can collect that information for the Dev team.

Hope this helps,

BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, unfortunately it still seems to be the case that they do not work in the Details pane in Enterprise 10.8.1. At what version does the "Beta" Dashboard or newer Dashboard arrive in Portal, and will this resolve it? I think the Arcade support there is mainly for Dashboard elements?

BrittanyBurson_0-1627514690656.png

We upgraded to 10.8.1 mostly for the FeatureSetBy Arcade expressions. They're super powerful, but only so much so as they can be displayed. They also do not work in Experience Builder "Feature Info" widget -- returns as "undefined." Trying to use a docked side panel to show the pop-ups that is larger than the standard map pop-up, as we have a lot of information in there.

Thank you