Date field is not showing correctly in Dashboard

Jump to solution
02-02-2018 08:21 AM
AllisonKampbell
New Contributor III

I have two two date fields, one collects start time and one collects end time.  Field staff are entering these start and stop times using Collector for ArcGIS.  I am using the same web map used in Collector in Dashboard.  When I view the start date field in a Dashboard list, Dashboard is adding 6 hours to this field.  My end date field is not changed and values are the same in Dashboard as they are in Collector.  

I would like to know why my start time field is being changed in my Dashboard.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Allison

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SarojThapa1
Occasional Contributor III

Allison,

In Arcmap, inside the Layer Properties, navigate to the Time tab and choose "Enable time on this layer". Select the appropriate Time Field, Field Format, and Time Zone. I have attached a screenshot for you. Then republish your map service to ArcGIS Online and/or ArcGIS for Server. 

Enabling Time in ArcGIS Desktop   

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SarojThapa1

Allison,

In Arcmap, inside the Layer Properties, navigate to the Time tab and choose "Enable time on this layer". Select the appropriate Time Field, Field Format, and Time Zone. I have attached a screenshot for you. Then republish your map service to ArcGIS Online and/or ArcGIS for Server. 

Enabling Time in ArcGIS Desktop   

0 Kudos
AllisonKampbell
New Contributor III

Hi Saroj,

Thank you very much.  I enabled time on my layer and I set the appropriate Time Field, Field Format, and Time Zone. For the Time Zone I set it to UTC Zone.  I live in Minnesota, and I had first set it to (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada).  However, when I republished my Map Service, my times in my web map and in Collector converted and 6 hours were added.  Therefore, I set the Time Zone to UTC, republished my map service and all my times now match in my web map, Collector, and Dashboard.  Here is my screen shot: 

Thanks again for your help!

SarojThapa1

Glad it worked, Allison. 

0 Kudos