Select to view content in your preferred language

Data source is not accessible

10-22-2013 01:18 PM
BenStaud
New Contributor II
I have two, nearly identical, data sources.  One is hosted by a third party on their Arc Server.  The second is hosted by AGOL.  Both are feature services.
I have two operational views.  One using the Arc Server data source and one using the AGOL version.
The Operational View using the Arc Server hosted data works great.  However, the Operational View using the AGOL data displays fine in map view but, when you attempt to add a Widget for Summary or Query (other might also have this problem) I get partially through the Widget setup and I get the orange "Data source is not accessible" message icons.  Sometimes I can get the Widgets setup quickly enough that I can close the dialog and the Widget is completed.  But the Widget never display's any data.  And when I go back to configure the Widget again the data source is flagged with the orange icon.
I am logged in as the administrator for the AGOL and Operational Views so sharing should not be an issue.
This has been happening for over a week now.
Any help?
0 Kudos
12 Replies
HiranZani2
New Contributor III
Daniel - problem solved!

I appreciate your assistance in this matter.

Regards
0 Kudos
DavinShokes1
Occasional Contributor II
Wow, this has been a serious headache. Thank you for identifying the work around.

They should really have this documented in the resources Standardized SQL functions in ArcGIS Online.

Turning on this setting was highly recommended, but I find no documentation that states Operations Dashboard uses Non-standardized SQL.

Thanks,
Davin
0 Kudos
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor
This issue should be resolved.  A fix was made to ArcGIS Online hosted services earlier this week that addressed issues with these types of queries when Allow only standard SQL queries is enabled.
0 Kudos