Dashboard Selector for Related Records?

10-26-2020 06:58 AM
Kara_Shindle
Regular Contributor

Is there a way to have a selector populated with fields from a related table, that when one is selected, filters the related locations on a map?

I have a Dashboard I'm working on building for our county Vector Control guy.  We have tick dragging locations on a map, and a related table of Drag Reports, where he enters the tick species that are captured at a drag.

He wants a filter on his dashboard that will

so like say I wanted only the drag sites that i caught Dermacentor variabilis, I could selected that specie and only the spots where that species has been found will pop up on the map

Seems to me that this should be possible with field mapping but I have not been able to get this.

I have it wired in the opposite direction, where selecting a map location filters a list of related reports, but I've not had success coming up with some combination of widgets that allows him to select a related table field to filter the map.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

10 Replies
TanGnar
Occasional Contributor

Hi all - regarding using a data expression with GlobalIDs. I found that when you use a data expression as a data source, and you want to use a GlobalID as a key to filter other elements, you need to make the field type 'esriFieldTypeString' to store it. I tried storying it as a GUID field type and it didn't work, but making it a string did. I also converted the GlobalID to text using Text(), though I don't know if it's necessary, but it worked. 

TanGnar_0-1687879116662.png