Dashboard Pie Chart Data Limit Exceeded

Jump to solution
04-20-2021 03:35 AM
RolandoFernandez
New Contributor III

Hello,

It seems that in Pie Charts the limit of categories is 300. I need to work with around 100.000, grouping categories and showing just a few of them.

I understand that serial charts have a better performance with a lot of data, but I need to use Pie Charts for this particular project.

We have a Gis Pro Basic License and an additional Creator User in my organization.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Best Regards from Venezuela !

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RolandoFernandez
New Contributor III

I solve this issue by filtering the values in the configuration panel of the Pie Chart, stablishing conditions that show just the categories you consider important.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I don't see where it is limited to 300. I just did a quick test with 1800.  However, with 100,000 your going to have issues setting it up.

Start your pie chart and choose your source and grouping. Then before choosing the field set the filters to reduce the number of choices. Then select your grouping.

0 Kudos
RolandoFernandez
New Contributor III

Hello Robert ! Thank you for your answer. 

When I first configure the dashboard it works perfectly, just as you say, defining your grouping categories percentage % before selecting the target field, but a few days later it starts giving this message. 

"Maximun Allowed 300"

I found a similar topic in the community : https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-dashboards-questions/dashboard-serial-chart-data-limit-exceeded...  

issue dashboard.png

0 Kudos
RolandoFernandez
New Contributor III

I solve this issue by filtering the values in the configuration panel of the Pie Chart, stablishing conditions that show just the categories you consider important.

0 Kudos