Dashboard Map not displaying point layer correctly

05-05-2021 05:34 AM
DakotaMoore
New Contributor

I have a dashboard with about 10,000 point features in it that are color coded and being updated daily. Recently when I open the dashboard the majority of the dots are gray (my color choice for invalid input). But when I check the web map that the dashboard is pulling from, all the dots are shown correctly. The strange thing is it will display correctly on some computers but not others. I have tried clearing cookies and cache with no success. Any ideas? 

3 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

In regards to the part about some computers and not others.  On those not others, are the able to show the colors in the web map but not the dashboard?

How many unique colors are you talking about?

0 Kudos
DakotaMoore
New Contributor

They were able to see the colors on the dashboard. The root of the problem seems to be stemming from viewing it in Dashboard instead of Dashboard Classic. If viewing in classic everything works correctly.

The reason some were able to see it correctly was because they are following a link I had sent out. Those (including myself) that it was not displaying correctly for are going to the properties page and clicking view dashboard. This would open it in the new Dashboard app and display incorrectly. 

The same problem also happens in the new Map Viewer as well. No idea why since the layer is full supported. 

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Your feature service may be marked with a limitation on how many features can be displayed at one time.  Generally your best with 2000 or less.  Sounds like your in AGOL, in which case I could not tell you. We are in Portal.  I would suggest reporting it as a bug to ESRI Support

0 Kudos