Dashboard- indicator currency units

Jump to solution
02-24-2019 06:35 PM
JosephJose
New Contributor III

I have an indicator for a dashboard. The values store currency values

Is there a way to change the units, from number values like (K, M, G) to (K, Millions, Billion)?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenM
Occasional Contributor II

You can change number prefixes in the operations dashboard settings under the "General" tab.

Dashboard settings—Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

View solution in original post

12 Replies
StephenM

You can change number prefixes in the operations dashboard settings under the "General" tab.

Dashboard settings—Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

JosephJose
New Contributor III

why can't I see it?

Think it's a privilege issue. What privilege is needed for it?

0 Kudos
StephenM

Are you the owner of the dashboard?

0 Kudos
JosephJose
New Contributor III

Yes

0 Kudos
StephenM

If you're the owner of the dashboard I don't know why you wouldn't see those settings. What do you see if you click on the settings button?

0 Kudos
JosephJose
New Contributor III

The setting button isn't visible for me. Screenshot below

0 Kudos
StephenM

That's odd. Maybe it has something to do with the version. Are you using ArcGIS Online or Enterprise?

0 Kudos
JosephJose
New Contributor III

Portal 10.5.1

Whom should I be approaching to rectify this?

0 Kudos
StephenM

Ah, version is likely why that setting isn't available. The link I posted is for the web-based Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS Online and Enterprise 10.6+. The number prefixes setting was introduced last year:

Number Prefixes
The Indicator, Gauge, and Charting Dashboard elements support unit prefixing. Prefixing can be quite useful when indicating a multiple or fraction of a unit, such as “kilo” for thousand. Until now, Dashboard would simply apply the standard metric prefix symbol. However, with this update, when you access the Dashboard Settings, and click on the General tab, you can set the symbol used for the prefix. In the example below, you will see that the standard metric prefix for billion is G, for “giga”, but can be overridden to B for “billion”.

What’s New in Dashboard for ArcGIS (June 2018)

The blog post from when the new version of Operations Dashboard was introduced:

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/operations-dashboard-for-arcgis/blog/2018/01/2...

The support page for the earlier version of Operations Dashboard:

Esri Support Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS 10.3.4

0 Kudos