Dashboard asking for login

04-19-2022 05:21 AM
SarahHollier
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have a few dashboards which were working perfectly until recently. They are now asking for the user to login to AGOL even though the dashboard and data is shared publically. We use dashboards quite a lot to pass results from Survey123 or FieldMaps to managers in an easy to consume format.

All data (either from S123 or FieldMaps) and dashboard is saved publically so why is it asking me for a login? The data will display if I click cancel but the filters (eg filter by name) in the dashboard won't work.

Thanks

Sarah

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Did any of your users status change recently. Meaning have to gone from working at home to working in the office?  When we were at home we would use VPN to connect directly to our servers.  If we were not on VPN we would constantly have to log in. 

Also, talk to your IT people.  Did they make an administrative change to automatically log people out?

0 Kudos
SarahHollier
New Contributor III

Hi, thanks for your reply, we have a few staff members who have gone back to the office but mainly working from home still. The issue seems to be consistent whether at home or in the office (I have tried both) 

We haven't changed any settings and the dashboards need to be public as we don't want to use up accounts just for viewing a dashboard. 

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Don't have anything else for you.  I really don't know much about how AGOL works, we use Portal. 

Did anyone switch browsers?  However, you should have to log in each time you open a browser and try to connect to a dashboard.  If you don't close the browser and keep tabs open you should not have to log in if you open the dashboard again. 

0 Kudos