Consistent element size when dragging items into groups

11-22-2017 11:01 AM
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I am adding many gauges to a dashboard (beta 0.8) to show the progress of the separate feature layers in the map. Each gauge sums up one of the field for an individual feature layer. I would like to make each gauge the same size, but the elements don't resize equally when dragging one to a column of existing elements. Here's an example:

I'd like to add a gauge for Layer 10 to the right column.

I create it, configure it, and drag it over.

However, the elements aren't resized equally.

Is there any way of automatically making them the same height instead of having to resize each one individually? Or have some tool like ArcMap's "Make Same Height" for the selected elements?

If I delete an element from a column, the remaining elements will be equally resized, so the code must exist to automatically size the elements.

7 Replies
ChristopherOlsen
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Ken,

I responded to the post in the Beta forum, but for the listeners on here, I have logged an enhancement in our system for this.

Thanks,

Chris

ChaplinChan
New Contributor

I would also like to know if there have been any updates to enable this functionality? Thanks!

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chaplin,

> I would also like to know if there have been any updates to enable this functionality?

We are still working on this enhancement. It is on our Dev roadmap and will be part of a future release.

Hope this helps,

KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What's the enhancement number so I can track its implementation?

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ken,

The info is part of an internal development repro, so I am unable to share an enhancement number - sorry.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
DianaBeasley
New Contributor

Is this still in the works? Designing a dashboard with lots of repeat elements like this takes at least 20x as long as it should without this functionality. And since responsive design isn't built in and every public dashboard needs to have a separate mobile version, the time suck is doubled. Can you update when you are able?

0 Kudos
DFehrZ
by
New Contributor

In some instances Excel functionality surpasses ArcGIS Dashboard in building dashboards. I am surprised this is not a part of the current package. Hope it makes it up the chain soon. I fully agree it is frustrating to spend so much time lining up elements up.

0 Kudos