Can I set scale levels for map layers?

Jump to solution
04-19-2016 11:40 AM
ErikGlenn1
New Contributor II

I'd like to add the same data to a map widget but display that data with different symbology at different scales. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherOlsen
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, Benjamin Mittler​ is correct.  For what you want to do in Operations Dashboard, setting this up in the web map is the best and maybe only way to do this well.  You can use Ops Dashboard to set up filters for the data, but you can't manipulate the visibility levels or symbology. This can only be done through the web map.

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BenjaminMittler

I would likely just add the data multiple times and set the visibility so that none of the visibility ranges overlap. Set the symbology as you'd like for each layer

ErikGlenn1
New Contributor II

That's what I hope to do, but I wasn't sure if that functionality was available with the map widget in Dashboard (I haven't really done much with Dashboard to this point). Thought I'd ask before I got too far down the path of trying Dashboard for my user's request.

Thanks for the response.

0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen

Yes, Benjamin Mittler​ is correct.  For what you want to do in Operations Dashboard, setting this up in the web map is the best and maybe only way to do this well.  You can use Ops Dashboard to set up filters for the data, but you can't manipulate the visibility levels or symbology. This can only be done through the web map.

Chris

ErikGlenn1
New Contributor II

Thanks, Chris!

0 Kudos