Can I create a Pie Chart that references more than 1 layer in Ops Dashboard?

12-11-2019 08:49 AM
DavidBrooks5
New Contributor III

I Have an operations dashboard for tree survey data in both point and polygon layers. The underlying attribute schemas are the same, and i would like to show some statistics on my dashboard based on 4 attribute values (condition, priority, species, condition). However, currently, i need to make 8 pie charts, in order to account for these 4 values in both the point and polygon layers.

If it's not possible to aggregate layers in a single pie chart, is ther a way of creating a layer view that combines more than 1 feature services? 

I'm guessing the answer to both of these questions is no. Which would be a shame, and definitely a good ArcGIS Idea.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi David,

> Can I create a Pie Chart that references more than 1 layer in Ops Dashboard?

As you noted, the answer is "no". Currently, dashboard elements can only have one data layer source. Please vote for this enhancement, Add multiple data sources in a dashboard tool  

> ... is there a way of creating a layer view that combines more than 1 feature services? 

I don't believe this is possible in ArcGIS Online at this time. Please post an enhancement on the ArcGIS Ideas forum for ArcGIS Online.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
CamMuller
Esri Contributor

Hi @DavidBrooks5 ,

Not sure if this is still relevant to your use case, however you can combine multiple sources using the recent inclusion of Arcade Expressions into the ArcGIS Dashboards, by combining the groupby function and building the dictionary of the required data as a return.

Hope this helps.