Add null override category to selector

04-18-2019 08:43 AM
JoeBryant1
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to add a Category Selector to my dashboard that selects by "Receiver" from the GNSS metadata field populated from the Collector App. Looking at my data, the high accuracy receivers and the iOS devices populated the field, but if the editor was using an Android device (and the new Collector Beta for Android), the receiver field is blank (null).

I have successfully loaded all of the categories that have defined values, but I would like to add the null value records and label the category as "Android".

When using the "+ Override" button, what string do I need to enter to select the blank or null values? I've used "", null, {}, {null} and " " with no luck.

Tags (2)
7 Replies
MaximeDemers

Hi Joe,

I have the same quesiton. Have you found something for this?

0 Kudos
JoeBryant1

Hi Maxime,

I went back and reviewed this dashboard and it looks like I never figured it out. I have a loaded category value that is blank that I have labeled "Android", but I don't have this choice in smart-filter buttons, so the app must not recognize that value when it populates.

Maybe a good enhancement request?

MaximeDemers

Thank you for your reply. In my opinion, yes that would be a good enhancement idea. If you want to make the suggestion, please share the link here and I will give a thumbs-up.

WillHughes
New Contributor III

Did someone create an enhancement request? Please share. 

JoeBryant1

I thought I had piggybacked this onto another request, but I couldn't find it in the new ESRI Community forums.

Here is the Idea I just created. Please upvote!

Add Null Override Category to Dashboard Selector

JayHodny

Hi Joe et al on this thread......I was trying to make this same idea happen, then found your posts.  I have a Survey123 Connect survey (editable) embedded in an internal review Dashboard.  The Survey is completed by residents and provides information on their water service line, as part of our lead service line inventory program.  Once the survey is submitted, we review the information internally, and select 'Yes' if we conclude the service line is properly identified (validated) or 'No' if we conclude we need to investigate further (invalid).  The field remains "empty" in the survey attribute table until we select yes or no.  I would like the Category Selector to List All, Validated Surveys, Invalid Surveys, and those Waiting Validation.  The last category is the one in question - how can I list only those survey records still waiting our review?  I am guessing I may have to add a "null" choice to the yes/no choice list in the Connect XLSform, to get this to work.  Any other ideas are welcome.  I did upvote your idea. Regards, Jay

One of my many iterations......clicking on 'Waiting Validation' returned 'No Data' in the element.

JayHodny_0-1684269648870.png

0 Kudos
PaulodeCastroVilli
New Contributor II

If you want a component to hide records with Null value in that attribute used for the categories, you can use a filter

If not, you'll probably need to use Arcade to replace Null with "Android" in an Arcade data source based on your current data source:

Documentation: https://developers.arcgis.com/arcade/profiles/dashboard-data/
Arcade Data Source Examples: https://github.com/Esri/arcade-expressions/tree/master/dashboard_data

0 Kudos