Add a Pivot Table widget to Operations Dashboard

11-18-2020 03:38 PM
TimElliott
Occasional Contributor

How many times have you wanted to show a summary table of your data in a dashboard?

How great would it be to see a table of all of your inspections sorted by type and summarised by a count/sum/average on one or more fields.

How about your road network summed up by length for each suburb, and then be able to drill down by surface type, then speed limit. as a tool for executive summary and support for operation activities and maintenance are endless and could be very beneficial.

3 Comments
RobertKacir

I have had this exact same type of issues with roads. The way I overcame it was by creating views in an SDE geodatabase and then publishing that as a feature service. The only problem with this is that filter in the dashboard will not affect the summary information in the views I created. Having this capability in dashboards would be very useful for me.

patrickb
Status changed to: In Product Plan

@TimElliott We are actively working on adding tables to dashboards. It is a bit too soon to offer a target date, but we do plan to support attribute tables, summary tables, and matrix tables. Most of what you list above should be possible, but drilling up/down should probably be considered a separate idea/request as it will be a longer timeframe before we could deliver something like that.   

JulienAntelin

@patrickb Thank you! This feature would be really really useful.