Yet more offline areas failing to download on Collector

Jump to solution
07-26-2021 09:41 AM
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

I have been reading through all previous posts that I could find, on any issues related to problems with downloading areas for offline use on Collector (not Collector Classic). 

In the few cases I have experienced recently, there are no copies of layers in the same webmap, or domain names that coincide with field names in any of the present layers (as discussed here and here). All layers are shared at organization and/or group level, with syncing enabled and offline mode enabled too for the webmap. 

When trying to download an offline area (Area 1), it simply stops soon after starting and shows a blank page with a message "No maps to display" or similar. When re-trying, it will attempt to download 'Area 2' but the result is the same. 

I have tried to find the log through Collector developer options, but the only thing I can see is 'Placeholder' which does nothing when selected.

The webmap is created from 3x Feature Layer (Hosted). One was created in ArcMap and based on a File Geodatabase and the other two are shapefiles that have been 'dragged' in.

This works fine on Collector Classic (and it has worked ok with Field Maps too), but the 'new' Collector (v 20.2.2) has very frequent issues with offline area download, even though the type of WebMap we create always follows the same structure.

Despite all layers being shared at organisation and/or group level, I have found that the error is more likely to happen when the user who downloads it is not the same as the user who created the webmap, even though both have equal permissions on AGOL.

Sorry for creating a new post - again after reading through other posts I found no solution to my case and I hope I can find some support here. I'm happy to provide any more information that might be useful to understand the problem.

Tags (2)
33 Replies
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

I noticed back in March when I started trying to use Collector that Offline maps do not work at all for data that has been dragged in. My maps worked fine once I took out the dragged-in layer.

0 Kudos
DavidRichey
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the tip. I got burned by Copy/Paste a couple of months ago, and have been diligent about composing maps from scratch or save as (which has seemed stable to date).

0 Kudos
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

@AlfredBaldenweck 

By 'dragged-in layer', could you please elaborate on that? Did you add multiple copies of the same layer to the map through ArcGIS Online? 

0 Kudos
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor
I mean rather than uploading through ArcGIS Pro, I dragged in a zipfile from File Explorer.

I tried to replicate it this morning after reading this discussion but it couldn't get it to happen again.

0 Kudos
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

I've received an update that there is a known issue with the Esri basemaps that's causing this slow download behavior. This issue is currently being looked into. I don't have an ETA on the fix at this point, but hopefully it will be soon. I will post an update when that issue has been addressed. 

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Thanks a lot for looking. Have not heard back from support yet.  

OP sorry I was going to mark this as the solution but not sure it is your issue actually.

thanks

0 Kudos
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for letting us know. While I can't confirm that we won't be having issues in the near future again, since I have had no feedback in the last couple of days from other colleagues I will mark it as a solution. If the problem re-appears I guess you'll see me again!

Thanks for your help @KevinBurke and everyone.

0 Kudos
SSMGroup
Occasional Contributor

Was this Fixed? I'm having this same issue right now. 

0 Kudos
DavidRichey
Occasional Contributor

@RafaeldePedrois your issue resolved? Ours has. From technical support, it seems it may have been a base map issue but that was not completely clear or described. Hope you are back up and running.

PREVIEW

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Seems gone.  I did see this on the dashboard today.

ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard

We will be performing maintenance on our tilebasemaps systems between 8:00pm PST and 10:00pm PST on July 28th. While we don't anticipate any significant downtime, you may experience some minimal disruptions during this maintenance period.