Why can't Collector 20.1.0 connect to Catalyst antenna?

Jump to solution
05-13-2020 03:28 AM
SebastianFischer
New Contributor III

I am using TMM and Collector on Android for mapping/surveying. In order to benefit from the newly developed functionalities described here I have installed TMM version 2.3.0.619 and Collector version 20.1.0 to collect orthometric heights. My problem is that Collector cannot connect to the Catalyst antenna! I still have an older version of the Collector app installed where I have no problem connecting to the Catalyst antenna, but can't get orthometric heights. Anybody got ideas why I can't connect in the latest version of Collector and how to solve this? Thanks in advance!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZivCohen-Sollal
New Contributor III

Hi, 

I'm using trimble catalyst and collector on my android phone, 

need to enable "developer options" menu in "settings" then select TMM in "select mock location app"

That changes your integrate gps to the TMM

Now you can activate TMM and on "applications settings" turn on "share".

Now on the collector you will get the location from the TMM.

Good luck 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ZivCohen-Sollal
New Contributor III

Hi, 

I'm using trimble catalyst and collector on my android phone, 

need to enable "developer options" menu in "settings" then select TMM in "select mock location app"

That changes your integrate gps to the TMM

Now you can activate TMM and on "applications settings" turn on "share".

Now on the collector you will get the location from the TMM.

Good luck 

SebastianFischer
New Contributor III

Thanks for your input, problem solved! I had all these settings, but didn't know Collector treats the catalyst antenna as the integrated antenna then. In the older version you had to manually connect to the catalyst antenna... Thanks again!

0 Kudos
DavidBrooks5
New Contributor III

I have a similar query, but wasn't sure of the best place to post my issue, so will reply to this to see if like minded users have experienced the same problem.

I've been using the catalyst for a few hours of collection now using the latest version of Collector, and have noticed that on some occasions it collects gnss metadata as a Samsung internal GPS, and other times it collects as Catalyst RTK. On both occasions, the TMM has achieved RTK lock and on both occasions the accuracy is 1-2cm. The only difference is that when it records the collected point with the "Samsung" attribute, it's missing a load of other ESRI gnss attributes such as no. satellites or direction of travel etc. 

Anyone else noticed this? Obviously, I've followed all the recommended developer settings and have set up a GPS profile in Collector.

0 Kudos