Watermark photos in Collector

10-05-2017 09:04 AM
HeidiOgle1
New Contributor II

Hi all,  We'd like to request added watermark functionality for taking photos using Collector.  We are making the transition from GeoJot to Collector for some of our asset management applications and really need to watermark the photos as they are collected.  Our field data collection team isn't tech savvy so we're looking to watermark photos inside the Collector application, preferably with no extra work on the field crew.  Please add this functionality to your to do list Collector team!

Tags (2)
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes- adding the capability to water mark photos in Collector and Survey 123 would be a huge help!

0 Kudos
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Heidi, Ian-

Can you share a bit more about what information you'd typically want to include in the watermarks on the photo?  I'd appreciate any context you can share about what workflows you'd expect to include watermarks.  

Feel free to message me directly if that's easier, or you'd like to share examples.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Doug,

I'm happy to share with you a bit more of what we're looking for at Rocky

Mountain National Park. Is this email the best way to reach you?

Ian

0 Kudos
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, that would be great.  Sent you a DM.

0 Kudos
KassandraRodriguez
Occasional Contributor

It would be great if watermarks were implemented in collector as well. In our case we have to have the date, time, and direction we're facing on the photo.

Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

I agree completely, having "time stamped" photos like that is a requirement of many projects/contracts! 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos