The ArcGIS collector Fails to sync the edits that done in the offline mode to the database

Jump to solution
09-22-2015 02:31 AM
AhmadSALEH1
Occasional Contributor III

The ArcGIS collector Fails to sync the edits that done in the offline mode to the database

After downloading the map to the device and go offline a point is added to the map then after going online and sync the edit I found that the point is stored only in the map or the site which was taken offline and not reflected to the service or the database.

Screenshot_2015-09-21-12-22-41.png

Screenshot_2015-09-21-12-23-00.png

The Point is added  now

Screenshot_2015-09-21-13-11-26.png

Screenshot_2015-09-21-13-12-22.png

After going offline and sync the point is not showing in other sites or the services it self

Screenshot_2015-09-22-12-02-12.pngClip_354.jpgClip_355.jpg

if the edits was done online the points is reflected directly to the database and to the service

Regards,

Ahmad Saleh 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Your feature layer is still registered as versioned. You need to unregister.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
danbecker

Are you working with versioned data? I was also having the same problem, see here:

10.3.3 false sync

AhmadSALEH1

Hi Dan,

I am using Collector 10.3.3 , SQL server 2014. and the users can edit the Default version so that there is no need to reconcile post procedure. every user can see the edits of the other users directly, but here the sync fails to push the edits to main database and it seems the the edits still trapped inside the map only but not the service.

Thanks,

Ahmad

ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Ahmad,

Regardless of the version used to publish the service, if you are using versioned data then Collector will generate a new version for each downloaded map, depending on the settings used: Offline maps and versioned data—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server

In SQL Server Management Studio, if you open the database you're working with and view the sde.SDE_versions table, what do you see? When working with versioned data, Collector will make multiple records in this table similar to "Esri_Anonymous_M_143036114567", "SYNC_SEND_7705_1", and "SYNC_RECEIVE_17705_1". These are all used for the synchronization process, and are only generated with versioned data.

If you do not need to make use of versioned workflows and QA/QC of your data, then I would recommend using archiving instead. This will allow users to sync their data and others to immediately see the changes in the service.

Thanks,

Scott

AhmadSALEH1

Hi Scott,

You are totally right about what you mentioned about versioning, I need to Reconcile/Post versions in order to see the edits of users on the map.

I have tried to enable archiving for the feature class but I still need to Reconcile/Post to see the edits, Is this a normal behavior? Because I don’t think so.

Clip_370.jpg

Thanks,

Ahmad

MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Your feature layer is still registered as versioned. You need to unregister.

AhmadSALEH1

Hi Scott and Miaogeng,

both of your answers are correct, Miaogeng, answer completes Scott's one, I wish if the form allows me to mark the both answers as correct.

Many thanks,

Ahmad