Sync errors with Collector offline

Jump to solution
03-18-2014 04:20 PM
CarmaGerber
New Contributor
Hello fellow Collectors!

I am happy to have downloaded the new version of Collector. I have successfully set up a map for offline editing, downloaded it to my device and collected some features.

Seems to be a bit sticky syncing back though. I have had 2 REST API errors (this is what they appear to be) so far relating to sync'ing the replica.

Both appeared to be a rollbackOnFailure error.

The difference being:

1st error - gave me an 'error synchronizing replica' message that contained the GUID for the feature I was syncing (I only had 1 to sync). Then when I checked the map in browser AGOL, the feature I was syncing was there, so perhaps an error that wasn't actually an error.

2nd error - didn't show me a GUID however I was syncing multiple features. These did not appear in my map in the browser, so a genuine error.

Any ideas here?

Carma Gerber
Esri Australia
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
45 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I've been off of Collector for a while (3D and Online has been my focus) so I don't know about what changes might have taken place but have you tried disabling and then re-enabling sync on the service? Also are you transferring the service after the replica's have been created? Do you still see the replicas on the service?

You can retrieve the runtime gdb from the device through itunes. Then you can use the runtime gdb to file geodatabase tool to get your data into a fgdb.

Yup editor tracking is allowed on your services and will online and offline.

Russ

0 Kudos
AmandaOpp
New Contributor III

Thank you Russell,  Really appreciate the information.

0 Kudos
EduardoAbreu-Freire
New Contributor III

Working on the same situation to recover data edited offline we are facing an error executing the suggested tool (Copy Runtime Geodatabase to File Geodatabase tool)

Anyone with the same issue?

.geodatabase file comes from collector running on Windows 10.

Error details:

Executing: CopyRuntimeGdbToFileGdb

P:\<path_to_source_file>.geodatabase

P:\<path_to_target_file>recovery.gdb
Start Time: Mon Feb 13 11:59:26 2017
ERROR 001730: Could not open the Runtime Geodatabase

P:\<path_to_source_file>.geodatabase

Failed to execute (CopyRuntimeGdbToFileGdb).
Failed at Mon Feb 13 11:59:26 2017 (Elapsed Time: 0.05 seconds)

0 Kudos
FrankPotempa
Occasional Contributor

Hi, can you try copying the .geodatabase file to the local machine and then running the tool? Basically shorten the path to a local. We had this same issue and that resolved it. Not sure if its the length of the patch or if UNC paths are problematic. 

0 Kudos
EduardoAbreu-Freire
New Contributor III

Thank you.

We solved it with a new .geodatabase. Indeed do not know what was the problem. Changed the file name to remove dots in middle but later trying with the new .geodatabase with original name it worked.

0 Kudos
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

We are testing offline editing with Collector using an iOS device and are receiving an error when trying to sync: 'Sync Error, an error occurred while synchronizing edits. Requested operation is not supported by this service'.

We have not had this problem when using Android devices.  Is there something different between iOS and Android devices?

Is there some sort of setting on the service that needs to be altered to use with iOS?

The edits are being posted to the user version, so I'm not really sure why we're getting an error....?

We are using Collector 10.3 and ArcGIS Server 10.3

MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Maybe you can try to capture web traffic in iOS device using FIddler (http://blogs.esri.com/esri/supportcenter/2011/12/06/configuring-fiddler-to-capture-web-traffic-from-...pad-device/ ). You want to check what is POST request parameters. 

0 Kudos
FabianeSpeyrer
New Contributor II

I'm experience the same problems as many people when trying to sync my map on ArcOnline (using IOS)

"An error occurred while synchronizing edits - Unable to synchronize replica. - Importing delta data changes failed."  

I realized now that my problem is because I have copy layers, however the map was used in the field and I need a way of not losing the data. 

My map originally did not allow to delete features. I changed that in arcOnline but since I can't sync it won't update that on the map. 

What can I do to not lose all my data collected miaogeng_zhang-esristaff ??? Screen error 

0 Kudos
FrankPotempa
Occasional Contributor

We are experiencing the same errors on the iOS 10.3 version of Collector. The syncs do post the edits however the same is error presented in Collector. What I have noticed from my testing is that when I have one fs and its editable loaded in the map the sync error does not appear. However if I have more than one fs, editable and a read only, the error appears on syncing. We are not using Android anymore so will not test that platform.

How is your map set up?

editable fs?

read only fs?

Im still running some more tests.

Collector 10.3 for iOS

AGS 10.3/ SDE 10.1

WA 10.3

Portal 10.3 (inhouse)

IIS 7, WS 2008R2

Frank

0 Kudos
FrankPotempa
Occasional Contributor

So on further testing I noticed that mixing editable and read only (Query/ Sync) feature services displays the error;

'Sync Error, an error occurred while synchronizing edits. Requested operation is not supported by this service'.

If i make them both fully editable with sync there is no error on syncing. Although the edits are being posted with the error this is still un-comforting since we don't know they are posted till we check the feature in the db.

Can anyone confirm the same behavior?

Collector 10.3 for iOS

AGS 10.3/ SDE 10.1

WA 10.3

Portal 10.3 (inhouse)

IIS 7, WS 2008R2

Frank

0 Kudos