Rotate Images stored as Feature Class Attachments?

05-07-2015 03:51 PM
Occasional Contributor III

When you use Collector app to take pictures of features, the picture is stored in a BLOB field which is created when you use Catalog/gp to enable Attachments on the feature class.  The resulting images can be rotated successfully in ArcMap, but the rotation is only for the current mxd, and does not correct the underlying data.  There is no mechanism for rotation in an ArcGIS Online web map.  Is there a way to permanently rotate the picture in the underlying data?

This question is not version-specific, but for extra info: I use DT 10.2.2 and DT 10.3.  The SDE version is 10.2.2, database version SQL Server 2008 R2, iOS is changing constantly, but is always current.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
nev
by
New Contributor III

I dont know but i would think the only way to do it woud be to extract it to an image file, rotate it and reattach as attachment.  I currently do the first bit, extract and rotate the images for use in another system.  Bit of programming to automate it all.  Otherwise you will need to do it manually, i believe there are tools to extract and create attachments in bulk so you would need to extract them, rotate them all and reattach.