Remove Map Area Option Missing in Collector

03-20-2019 07:22 AM
ZacPetix
New Contributor II

All,

This morning the field crews are reporting they can no longer download offline areas for Collector. I am receiving the same error ("Failed to Download Offline Area") from my test iOS devices (iPads/iPhone) as well. I have verified the maps are correctly configured for offline use. The map does not have pre-defined map areas, which allow the collectors to pick and choose the area they need to collect. This has been the standard workflow for this deployment as we have crews cycling through the project. This is a two month old field deployment, and we have had no issues until today.

I have also noticed the option for removing Map Areas is now missing from the overflow menu. So with each new attempt to create an offline area, the "Area #" increases, but after the map fails to download, there is no way to remove the failed map. For example, I am prompted to "Add Offline Area" and it indicated this will be "Area 6". But I can not remove Area 1-5. 

Any help would be appreciated.

12 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are having the same issues with both versions; Collector Classic and Collector, with downloading offline maps! I know that the ArcGIS Online server were scheduled to have maintenance applied last evening and I wonder if something has occurred due to the update?

0 Kudos
ZacPetix
New Contributor II

I tried the same map in Collector Classic and it gave me a whole new set of error codes pertaining to tiled Map Sets. When I cleared each error, the map still failed to download or go offline. I even stripped the collector map to basic feature collection and still got the dreaded ("Failed to Download Offline Area") message. The web map is operational as long as the iPads have connectivity. 

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Zac Petix‌ 

Can you share your map to a group and invite the account Collector4ArcGIS into it?  We can take a look and see if it is related to online update. 

0 Kudos
ZacPetix
New Contributor II

Miaogang,

I'm sorry but I can not share the map publicly as this is an active utility client and project. I could give you a temporary named user to access the map.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Zac Petix‌ You can email the temporary named user to me miaogeng_zhang@esri.com

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Zac Petix‌ I saw your map and can see some download issue with the layer like Fulton_FieldStaker. We have one known issue that the layer is configured with attachment and it is empty, it will have download issue. Tomorrow morning we will release a fix for this. As a temp workaround before tomorrow's fix, you can add a dummy record with attachment to the layer, it should address the issue. Let me know if it doesn't work for you. 

MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Zac Petix‌ The fix is released. You can try again. I tried the map you gave me and it is working now. 

0 Kudos
ZacPetix
New Contributor II

Miaogeng Zhang We are still not able to successfully download the map I shared with you, or the original map to mobile devices. I created another map, but removed the Tiled Reference Layer. This allowed us to go offline.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Zac Petix‌ last night I tried your map and it worked. Let me check. 

0 Kudos