Offline Map Area Error

Jump to solution
01-16-2019 08:37 AM
AshleyHayes2
New Contributor III

I am trying to use ArcGIS Online to create a 'map area' for offline use in Collector. After drawing the map area I receive an error message, "The two items must be shared the same way for this Relationship Type". When I create the map area in Collector itself there is no error, but I want to create in ArcGIS Online so I can easily allow others to use. Any suggestions?

24 Replies
VGalindo
New Contributor II

February 2023 checking in, still necessary to set sharing to owner before saving offline areas

0 Kudos
DakotaKrist
New Contributor

As of October 2022, I am still getting this issue. I have not been able to create a new map area for offline downloading after sharing the map, even though I turned off all sharing.

0 Kudos
James_Whitacre
Occasional Contributor

I tried the prescribed work around and I am still getting the error. The bug report referenced above indicates a modified date for the date of this post, September 28, 2020, when accessed on the same date. Not sure what that means, but clearly there seems to be other issues with this bug. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem creating off-line content within the Field Maps web app beta. I also removed all sharing of my content and still received the error.

0 Kudos
MatthewStull1
Occasional Contributor II

Make sure to send in a support ticket for this if it's still not working (and make sure to reference the BUG# I mentioned before).  Also, make sure you have the latest version of Collector.  There was an update for the Collector on  Oct 2nd (2020).

DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

I am experiencing this error as well when trying to create Offline Areas for a webmap that is being used in ArcGIS Explorer. I first get the message "The two items must be shared the same way for this Relationship Type." followed by the error: ERROR 000735: Map Area Item ID: Value is required.

This still occurs despite turning off all Sharing as suggested.

RachelLopez
New Contributor

I have the same problem! Hope ESRI gets around to looking at this...

JohnWatson_EBA
Occasional Contributor

This error occurred for me using the back end field map app in Portal 10.8.1. The feature service, its related table and basemap are all shared with the same settings.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am still having issues with this Bug. I have tried unsharring everything and creating areas to no success and when I make sure the two layers I have are shared the same and the map is not shared at all I still have issues. Has anyone found a solution that works? Has ESRI just stopped trying to fix bugs?

Thanks

0 Kudos
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

@Anonymous User I've still got an ongoing support case with ESRI, assuming it is the same issue (which it may not be).

0 Kudos