Select to view content in your preferred language

Not all layers get loaded in Collector for ArcGIS

Jump to solution
12-10-2018 07:48 PM
MarcoPoetsch_ret
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I created a map for collecting data via Collector for ArcGIS (Version 18.1.0).

This map includes three editable layers (1x points, 1x lines and 1x polygons)
However, when I open this map in Collector for ArcGIS on the iPad (iOS 12) only one of these layers get loaded into the map. Which one seems to be randomly...

The error message I got is:

Domain: com.esri.arcgis.runtime.error

Code: 3054

Description:The item to be created already exists in the database

The three layers were created via the AGOL collector template and have the same fields.

Tags (2)
43 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

This fix will be part of the next ArcGIS Online update (not Collector). That should be around March 19th. Be aware that for existing layers with the problem, you will need to edit the layer to get the fix.

Esri Education Team
RobBlash
Regular Contributor

Ok thanks for the info. Incidentally I crated a new map and everything now works as expected in the latest Collector update. Previously I was seeing the "Code=3054 "The item to be created already exists in the database."" error for some layers.

Are there multiple causes for this issue? I did re-publish some data that went into the new map, but there were no significant schema changes.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, there have been a couple of reasons we've seen that error.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
ScottKiley
Occasional Contributor II

I am still experiencing this problem with the new version of Collector after the update. I'm wondering if anyone else is as well.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are experiencing the issue with both versions of collector this morning...

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

If your layers were created in ArcGIS Online, they have updated with a fix to the issue. Newly created layers won't see this problem. To take advantage of it in your existing layers, you need to edit the list in the Item Details page and resave it. It can be as simple of an edit as removing a space and putting it back and clicking 'Save'. The underlying issue was duplicated names for the lists, and when they are resaved they'll get renamed and use a new, unique naming convention.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
ScottKiley

I've made changes as you described to all fields with domains in all layers in the hosted feature layer with data not loading into Collector and the problem still happens. The hosted feature layer only has 2 feature classes. Neither of them have matching field names nor do they have matching domains. For some reason one of the layers loads into Collector, but the other fails.

I submitted a support request as I may be experiencing a different issue, but I am still getting the error below:

Domain: com.esri.arcgis.runtime.error
Code: 3054
Description: The item to be created already exists in the database.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

A support request is the right path forward. We have seen this for some different reasons, and you might be hitting one of those, and not the one that was fixed. Thanks!

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
RobBlash
Regular Contributor

When I was experiencing the issue creating a brand new web map helped to resolve it.

0 Kudos
ScottKiley

While working with support they confirmed the the problem still persists after re-publishing the hosted feature layer and making a new web-map. My support analyst recreated the issue on his end.

It lead to my issue being officially tied to BUG 00119563:

All but one layer in a service fails to load in Collector for ArcGIS (iOS) when each layer contains a field with the same name and a Domain with the same name (but different list values). The following error message is returned: "Error Code 3054: The item to be created already exists in the database."

0 Kudos