New Collector app tracking not working

Jump to solution
01-01-2019 01:49 PM
AdriannaMarchand
New Contributor

Transitioning from Collector Classic to new Collector App on iOS devices.

Tracking does not work on new Collector App but fine on Collector Classic 

Anyone else? Do I need to switch on a setting? Feature removed? Otherwise, using exactly the same way as (the now old) Collector Classic but not tracking.

thanks community  in advance 

Adrianna 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RyanPurdy
Occasional Contributor

Tracking has been put into its own app: Location Tracking Debuted at Esri User Conference (July 2018) 

This is the response I got back in August:

Thanks for the quick response!  The Early Adopter for Location Tracking is currently only supported on Enterprise, but it will be available for Online in the coming months.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
RyanPurdy
Occasional Contributor

Tracking has been put into its own app: Location Tracking Debuted at Esri User Conference (July 2018) 

This is the response I got back in August:

Thanks for the quick response!  The Early Adopter for Location Tracking is currently only supported on Enterprise, but it will be available for Online in the coming months.

AdriannaMarchand
New Contributor

Ryan, thanks mate. That’s a really helpful and guiding response. Much appreciated! 

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Ryan has given you the right info, but if you'd like to read more about it, you can also see Collector's FAQ about support for location tracking: FAQ—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
RyanPurdy
Occasional Contributor

Kylie do you know if location tracking is coming soon?  We would definitely be looking to use it starting in May.

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you on ArcGIS Enterprise, or ArcGIS Online? 

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
RyanPurdy
Occasional Contributor

ArcGIS Online

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ryan,

The Location Tracking capability for ArcGIS Online is planned for release around the end of Q2 / towards the User Conference.

Happy to answer any questions on it you may have - I can also point you to our Early Adopter site if you want to read the content we have for Enterprise.

Craig

0 Kudos
RyanPurdy
Occasional Contributor

OK thanks Craig.  Would that be the same early adopter site for Collector?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, same site but a different Early Adopter program.

0 Kudos