Map works on android device but not an ipad

08-17-2015 03:06 PM
WarrenMedernach
Occasional Contributor III

Has anyone else experienced any issues with Collector on ipad not functioning the same when offline as the same map on an Android device?

I have a map that allows users to collect point features and related data to those points.  Everything functions fine on both devices when they are connected.

In disconnected mode however, the ipad users are experiencing issues where it is not retaining the related data.  This works fine on the Android tablet.

Warren

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RonKnepper
Occasional Contributor II

I found that not properly setting up the related tables sometimes would cause in issue in one OS and not another.  Often I would check everything or depending on how involved the gdb was I would recreate then republish it.  What are you using as a key between the related tables?

0 Kudos
WarrenMedernach
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the response Ron,

The keys are GlobalIDs.

I'll try re-creating a test scenario and see if the same thing happens.

Warren

0 Kudos
RonKnepper
Occasional Contributor II

If you have a global ID on the main and also on the related tables that is likely the issue.  Create a new field and make the type a GUID.  Use that as your key and redo your relates.  I will bet that resolves your issues.  I had many issues trying to use a Global to Global relationship.

0 Kudos