Map stops downloading for Offline Use Collector for ArcGIS on Windows 10

08-17-2017 02:30 PM
BrianHiller
Occasional Contributor

I have a map that supports offline use, I can download the map make edits and sych those changes back using iOS and Android devices, but it will not finish the download on Windows 10.

The download starts and gets about 3/4 of the way through the download to go offline but then stops and eventually fails to complete the download.

My map is very simple I have two layers one editalble point layer and one read only polygon layer. The data is hosted in my ArcGIS Server 10.5.1 environment and referenced into ArcGIS Online.

Has anyone seen this issue before.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

When you say that you are trying to download it in Windows 10, it on your tab or phone or on desktop?

~Shan

~Shan
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Shanotu,  

Collector for Windows is only available on Windows 10 tablets and computers. It was not developed for Windows phones.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brian,

Will the map download with just the editable feature layer? I just want to narrow down the points of failure.

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos
BrianHiller
Occasional Contributor

No it will not download even with just the editable layer. It downloads fine on iOS and Android, and I took the same layer and published to ArcGIS Online as a hosted layer and it downloads just fine.

Thanks for looking into this,

Brian

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a specific error that comes up on the tablet or computer when you try to download? If you set your ArcGIS server logs to verbose, are there any messages pointing to an error?

Was this service published recently as part of your 10.5.1 install or was it existing before a possible upgrade?

0 Kudos
BrianHiller
Occasional Contributor

In Collector no error is shown, but Windows 10 does throw an error in the Windows alerts. It says Illegal character in JSON.

Brian

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you set your ArcGIS server logs to verbose, are there any messages pointing to an error?

Was this service published recently as part of your 10.5.1 install or was it existing before a possible upgrade?

0 Kudos