Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Failed To Download

03-25-2014 04:54 PM
NicholasLaMar
Occasional Contributor
I've been trying to test the offline editing capabilities of collector but I can't get the map to download to my devices. I've created a very simple map on ArcGIS Online with one point shapefile which I've uploaded and created a feature service of. Both the feature service and map are enabled for offiline editing and I get the download icon for the map to appear when I open up Collector. I can go through the process of selecting the area I'm intersted in and setting the map scale. Once I hit download it processes anywhere from 20%-50% and then I get this error "The map failed to download The map 'xxxxx' failed to download with the message:" (there is no message).

I've tried downloading from two different wifi connections as well as from my wireless network.

Devices: Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Note 10.1

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!
Tags (2)
55 Replies
LledSmith
Emerging Contributor

I was able to resolve this issue by taking the DB Offline using the SQL manager tools NOT ArcCat.  Once I brought it back online everything worked as expected.  Until the next time I say....  So the question is what is causing it.

0 Kudos
JessicaKirby
Deactivated User

​I am experiencing the same problems described in this year old thread. Periodic download and sync failures using offline collector.  I can only resolve by downing the SQL Service in management studio as well. Can someone from Esri shed light on why this is occurring?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you checked that all of your features are within the limits of your coordinate system?  We started getting this error and noticed that we had some new point features that were plotting somewhere in space.  Once we fixed these features we were able to sync again.  This may be why changing to a Web Mercator projection has worked for some people.

0 Kudos
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

Good to know that a couple years later and in version 10.4.1 and using ArcGIS Pro to publish this error still occurs.  Would be nice if someone from esri could define the issue and even better get it fixed

Thanks,
-Joe
JarrettTotton1
Emerging Contributor

And some of us are still having this error...

NicholasBarger
Frequent Contributor

Same here.  Still having the problem.

0 Kudos