Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Failed To Download

03-25-2014 04:54 PM
NicholasLaMar
Occasional Contributor
I've been trying to test the offline editing capabilities of collector but I can't get the map to download to my devices. I've created a very simple map on ArcGIS Online with one point shapefile which I've uploaded and created a feature service of. Both the feature service and map are enabled for offiline editing and I get the download icon for the map to appear when I open up Collector. I can go through the process of selecting the area I'm intersted in and setting the map scale. Once I hit download it processes anywhere from 20%-50% and then I get this error "The map failed to download The map 'xxxxx' failed to download with the message:" (there is no message).

I've tried downloading from two different wifi connections as well as from my wireless network.

Devices: Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Note 10.1

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!
Tags (2)
55 Replies
PatrickGronli
Deactivated User
I'm getting the same error message when attempting to download a map with one simple point feature service published from ArcGIS Server 10.2.2 on Amazon EC2. I've used this thread as a resource and addressed all suggested solutions including: changing a field name that had a SQL reserved word in it; creating the feature class in 10.2 and importing schema and data from the original feature class; and adding the item in AGOL using the service's public URL. I have configured the data according to the information provided here, and all programs/applications are up-to-date. I'm using Collector on a Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.3. The "Download" option is present when accessing the web map via Collector, which makes me think the data are configured correctly, but when I begin the download the status bar only gets to approximately 25% before I get the error message that started this string. Any more ideas?
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Do you have any other layers in the web map besides the AGOL basemap and a feature service with sync enabled? Do you have any copied layers in the web map? Do you have debug logs enabled on your server and do you see what the error message is when the download fails on the server?

If you can share the map and service with a group and invite Collector4ArcGIS into it I can take a look and help spot the issue.
Russ
0 Kudos
PatrickGronli
Deactivated User
I invited you to the group "ESRI Support" and added the web map used for testing.

I do not have any other layers in the map, nor do I have any copies.I do not have debug logs enabled.

Note that we were able to test and successfully download the same map for offline on iOS devices (iPad and iPhone), so it appears to be an Android-specific issue.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
I noticed you are using a proxied service in the web map and it is not shared to the group. To be able to load it I will need that added to the group as well.

One thing to note is if you are using a service with the credentials embedded make sure you add generate that proxy service using the URL servername/arcgis/rest/services/servicename/featureserver and not servername/arcgis/rest/services/servicename/featureserver/0. If you use the parent level the app should be able to request the replica. If you use the /0 there isnt a way for the app to go to the parent level and access the replica.

Russ
0 Kudos
PatrickGronli
Deactivated User
Sorry about that - it is shared with your group now. I am using the parent level URL.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
@pgronli I took a look at your issue and found that this is a currently logged bug on our side and it is being looked into to see what the issue is. It looks like the token is not being used correctly and that is why it is failing.

Russ
0 Kudos
AmandaOpp
Regular Contributor

Hey there Russell,

I am experiencing this same issue with the new update, is there any info as to why?  We were able to download maps, collect data, sync and then all of a sudden today, we had issues with it.  Ran the update and that didn't fix it, any advice?

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

If you are downloading ArcGIS online basemap, you will run into download issue. We are investigating the issue. Check ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard​ for the update.

0 Kudos
PatrickGronli
Deactivated User
Thanks for the follow up, Russ. I'll look forward to a fix.
0 Kudos
LukeBehling
Frequent Contributor
I revisited the problems I was having with the Collector app over the coarse of the couple last weeks and as of today the problem 'resolved' itself. No changes made on my end, but now everything appears to be working correctly.

AND... not working again, same behavior. Back to Tech Support!
0 Kudos