Layers tool (Table of content) is not displaying group layers in Collector

09-05-2019 04:23 AM
AnjulPandey
New Contributor III

collector for arcgis (android) 18.0.3‌

Kylie DoniaJeff ShanerMelissa Jarman

Problem Statement : Inconsistent behaviour have noticed for layers tool in collector for arcgis android version 18.0.3 ,

Description: I have published operational layers as a map service and have added as map service object in web map.

Issue Details :

• Some times Layer tool is showing single layer and not showing all layers under this parent layer.

• Some times Layer tool is showing as group layer as expected

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Could you give some more information here? When you say it appears differently sometimes, is that using the same web map, and just tapping the tool multiple times? Is it the same layer, but in different maps?

Thanks!

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
AnjulPandey
New Contributor III

Many thanks for your prompt response.

Layer tool is appears differently sometimes for same web map and same layer. 

FYI: I have checked in collector for ArcGIS android beta version and working as expected for all times.

Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

It is good to know that it is resolved in the beta -- that is our development focus right now, so it would be where you would have seen a fix, too.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
AnjulPandey
New Contributor III

Could you please suggest about layer tool issue facing with current Collector android version? 

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, it sounds like there could be a bug with your particular layer in the released app. Since it is fixed in the beta version of the app, getting a fix for it will come with that release.

Since it works intermittently, the workaround would be to reopen the layer tool (I think from what you've said here that you just see different behavior in that tool -- if that isn't the case, the workaround would be to do whatever you are doing now where you sometimes see the behavior and sometimes don't). 

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
AnjulPandey
New Contributor III

Thank for prompt response my query.

As per our observation 99 % of the time we are unable to see group layer displaying correctly in current version. Hence we would like to understand on following-

• Whether this behaviour will be fixed in current version or not? If yes , Kindly confirm by when it will be fixed ?
  • If this behaviour will not be fixed in current version and will be fixed in future release , then kindly confirm the timeline for new release.
0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Since you've confirmed it is working correctly in the beta, it will be fixed when the release that is currently in beta goes live. We are targetting the end of the year for that release.

If you'd like to, you can log a bug about this with support; however, it is still most likely to be fixed in the release I mentioned above.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos