Layer won't load on mobile app, but works fine in Windows 10 app

Jump to solution
04-12-2017 01:45 PM
AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

I'm currently trying to build a demo app for field collection using a REST service (feature server) with sync enabled, subtypes/domains, and attachments. This feature service (not locked down) is added to a web map with edit capabilities, is shared to a group, and then needs to be opened in the Collector app. 

On the moblie app, (Android Galaxy S6 Active) the map appears in my list of maps, will open, but never loads the editable layer. I have no  button for adding new data, and looking at the layers screen, the checkbox for the layer is unchecked and will not let me enable it. The layer is listed there, though. If I try and download the map first over wifi (or my cell signal, for that matter) I get an error that "One or more of the layers could not be loaded. The map cannot be downloaded." This error also occurred for over wifi and out in the open with full signal.  I tested with a coworkers iPhone and ran into the same problem, except that the map gave me an error about the layer immediately upon loading the map and said it couldn't make a network connection. It also listed the URL for the layer. 

The weird thing is that everything works perfectly fine on my desktop using the Windows (10) Store version of Collector for ArcGIS. I can add points, and all the drop-downs work correctly, add attachments, and these changes apply to the feature service correctly. It's works without a hitch. 

Any idea what's going on here? I've attached two screenshots of the app, one showing the mobile with no option to add points and another with the desktop Windows app working correctly. My mobile app is version 10.4.2 and the Windows app is 10.4.1 . 

Android 10.4.2Windows 10 App (10.4.1)

-Aaron
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AaronKoelker

Figured it out myself, but I'll leave this up in case anyone else has the same issue. The problem was a simple oversight as usual, and I have the REST service coming from a server that was not accessible externally (doh!). It worked on the Windows 10 app obviously because that was on the internal network. Switching to an externally accessible server fixed it. 

-Aaron

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AaronKoelker

Figured it out myself, but I'll leave this up in case anyone else has the same issue. The problem was a simple oversight as usual, and I have the REST service coming from a server that was not accessible externally (doh!). It worked on the Windows 10 app obviously because that was on the internal network. Switching to an externally accessible server fixed it. 

-Aaron
0 Kudos
NancySuez
New Contributor

Hello 
Can you please share the solution, I am also trying to load but failing, I have generated a token and appended it with a private layer now layer is accessible on the browser but not loading in ArcGIS mapview

0 Kudos