Launch Collector

Jump to solution
04-23-2020 12:21 AM
KatharinaBuchenau1
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I try to launch my Collector (on Windows) via a URL to immediately collect a point with a given ID.

This is my URL:

arcgis-collector://?itemID=359d0eb8d7ed469991ab519b369b0615&geometry=53.5364852,9.93984&featureSourceURL=https://hws11308:6443/arcgis/rest/services/Pilot_Auto_ID_AKZ_Ebene/FeatureServer/2&featureAttributes=%7B%22AKZ%22:%22KM10SH12EO01RM01%22%7D

Collector launches - unfortunately without initiating a new feature collection and specified attribute!

Does anyone has an idea??

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Katharina

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi Katharina,

Just wanted to circle back on this one. The reason why the new collection wasn't initiated in Collector on Windows via your URL scheme above, is because the featureAttributes parameter wasn't implemented on that OS. It was implemented and works successfully on iOS and Android, as you've already noted above from your testing on iOS.

A few questions:

- Is the Windows OS your preferred OS for field data collection?

- What type of Windows devices do you work with?

Thank you

-Kevin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KatharinaBuchenau1
New Contributor II

ok, it was successful on the IPAD - so I assume it has to do with missing GPS on my Windows Notebook...

0 Kudos
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi Katharina,

Just wanted to circle back on this one. The reason why the new collection wasn't initiated in Collector on Windows via your URL scheme above, is because the featureAttributes parameter wasn't implemented on that OS. It was implemented and works successfully on iOS and Android, as you've already noted above from your testing on iOS.

A few questions:

- Is the Windows OS your preferred OS for field data collection?

- What type of Windows devices do you work with?

Thank you

-Kevin

0 Kudos
KatharinaBuchenau1
New Contributor II

Hi Kevin,

thanks for your reply.

Windows is my daily environment so I used it for testing...unfortunately (-;

We only need IOS for field data collection, so it works!

Katharina

0 Kudos