Do filters not apply when syncing downloaded maps?

Jump to solution
04-23-2020 03:40 PM
MKF62
by
Occasional Contributor III

I have a layer that has a filter on it. Overnight I run a script that alters the attribute this filter acts on. Here is the scenario I'm working with:

Filter (display all features that match): EditingPhase field is "Editable"

Overnight, the script changes the EditingPhase field value to "Not Editable", thus the feature would be filtered out on the web map and no longer displayed.

The downloaded map still shows the features that should have been filtered out after refreshing/re-syncing the map.

Does that mean the only solution is to re-download the map to get the filter to work correctly?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi Molly,

When creating an offline map area, the filter applied to the layer(s) within the web map are included within the createReplica operation and therefore reside within the local copy of the offline area. Therefore in order to leverage any updated filter changes to those layers, new offline areas will need to be downloaded as this isn't included within the sync operation. 

Thanks

-Kevin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi Molly,

When creating an offline map area, the filter applied to the layer(s) within the web map are included within the createReplica operation and therefore reside within the local copy of the offline area. Therefore in order to leverage any updated filter changes to those layers, new offline areas will need to be downloaded as this isn't included within the sync operation. 

Thanks

-Kevin

0 Kudos