Is Collector blocked from your iTunes "File Sharing"?

Jump to solution
08-14-2018 06:37 AM
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

We are now experiencing a phenomenon on all of our Win10 computers where iTunes file sharing blocks access to all ESRI apps on our fleet of iPads. 

Windows 7 still works:

Windows 10, same iPad: 

This effects all of our iPads and all win10 computers. Apple tech support, after countless wasted hours of reinstalling all apple products, alluded to firewall and AV, we confirmed there is nothing blocking iTunes, then alluded to "It's the application vendors problem, we can't help you".....

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor
5 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Thomas,

From your screesn shot it looks like it is blocking Avenza and Bad Elph too.

Using Windows 10 and Itunes 12.8.0.150  with an IOS 11.4 (a little out of date) device I am seeing all apps on the device with file sharing capabilities.

I am just thinking it may be the version of IOS or ITunes  or something about Windows 10, but I don't know for sure.

Mark

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Everything is updated. Disabled firewall and AV, same issue. Another call with Apple "It's the vendor of the apps, call them", which, it is clearly not. Only thing left is M$.....

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

maybe a long shot... but Itunes does let you run in compatibility mode...  you could try setting to windows 7 ?

Or maybe try running as administrator?

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Disabling parental controls fixed it. 

Manage control features in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We found it was version specific for iTunes. Ability to disable or enable parental controls grayed out at 12.9.0.167 (BLM Software Center Version default) and the parental controls were enabled by default. 

Version Version 12.9.5.7 did not come installed with the parental controls on by default and we have access to Libraries.

0 Kudos