Select to view content in your preferred language

Is anyone having trouble downloading maps this morning?

Jump to solution
07-29-2021 04:29 AM
PatrickFilyer
Occasional Contributor II

I am getting the error message: Could not Connect to the Server when downloading maps with a new base map. If I download a map with a base map that is already on the device the map successfully downloads. This is only happening on collector classic. 

I do realize that they did maintenance on the tilebasemaps last night as per this message:

"We will be performing maintenance on our tilebasemaps systems between 8:00pm PST and 10:00pm PST on July 28th. While we don't anticipate any significant downtime, you may experience some minimal disruptions during this maintenance period."

I am wondering if this has anything to do with what I am experiencing this morning. 

Update: This is only a problem with IOS collector classic. 

Tags (3)
15 Replies
ShannonJ
New Contributor III

Hi, I am getting this error "cannot connect to server" in iOS with field maps when users in my organization click to sign in. Has anyone else experienced this behaviour? the iOS is up to date as well as field maps.

0 Kudos
GlenShepherd
Esri Contributor

Hi @ShannonJ ,

Sounds like you're attempting to connect to an ArcGIS Enterprise Portal maybe? The inability to connect to the server implies a network issue. I would first try seeing if you can hit your portal URL in a browser on the mobile devices.

0 Kudos
ShannonJ
New Contributor III

@GlenShepherd 

signing in through the browser on the phone works fine - I just tested it. But as soon as I click "sign in with ArcGIS Online" on the field maps app this is the pop up

ShannonJ_0-1652353655020.png

0 Kudos
GlenShepherd
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the screenshot and testing. Are these work devices? Are they all the same iOS model, and if so, what is it?

Can you test the same workflow with a personal device?

Is there a VPN in play here, or any other network security to be aware of?

0 Kudos
ShannonJ
New Contributor III

These are work devices, there is a VPN and we use vmware verify as well as other security measures I'm sure - the phone profiles are managed by our Info. sys. dept., and I don't have all the details on that. On my personal device I have no issue logging in.

The iOS is up to date on the phones i have been testing - updating the iOS is always my first check. I'm not 100% sure what model the phones are, i believe they are iphone 10. 

0 Kudos
GlenShepherd
Esri Contributor

Being that you have no issue on your personal device, it would seem clear that there is some network configuration within your organisation preventing the mobile device making requests to the server through the app.

I would reach out to your IT department describing the issue and they should be able to conduct a network capture to diagnose the connectivity. It might help to point them towards the following white papers:

0 Kudos