Inconsistent behavior between platforms

05-30-2014 08:37 AM
StaceMaples
Occasional Contributor III
I am working on creating a survey application for Collector and have noticed that the behaviors of the apps for iOS and Android are VERY different.  Say, for instance, I am using the Alias of the fields in my survey table for the actual survey questions, which I am. Say one of my fields is as follows:

Fieldname: P1Q1
Type: Short Integer
Alias: How would you rate how you feel in general about our court system? By courts, we mean judges, their staff, and clerks who work in the courthouse, but not the police, prosecutors, lawyers in court representing clients or the U.S. Supreme Court.
Domain: agreement (this domain is coded 1-5, with decreasing agreement)

When the feature class is published to AGO as a Hosted Service, brought into a webmap and then opened for editing in Collector, it looks fantastic in the Android version of the app. In the iOS versions of the app, the Alias is cropped and there is no way to see the entire question.

Question: Is there a way to get the same behavior in iOS as in Android?
Comment: If not, why not. Does consistency of experience mean nothing? If for no other reason than that, if I deploy a collection app on more than one platform for Collector, I'm going to have to make 2 sets of support materials.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
StaceMaples
Occasional Contributor III
I'll take the silence as an acknowledgement that cross platform consistency can not be expected from this product.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Sorry about that I thought I wrote you back last week. I have entered an enhancement issue to bring parity across the iOS and Android popup for displaying the field alias.

Russ
0 Kudos