Select to view content in your preferred language

I made my layers editable and I still can't see my map on my device in Collector for ArcGIS

12-10-2016 07:35 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I went through the training exercise, well and good, it worked.  I created a second very simple map with two point shapefiles with simple attribute tables.  Saved my map.  Wouldn't open on iOS devices in Collector for ArcGIS (doesn't even appear on the list of available maps).  Web said I needed to make my layers editable.  So I did.  Still not working.  Went back to double check and THE ABILITY TO SET EDITING WAS GONE (See screenshot).  Logged out and in.  Again.  Went back, THE ABILITY TO SET EDITING RETURNED (See second screenshot) and the layers showed as editable, but still, the map doesn't appear in the list of available maps on the iOS devices.  I went back to the map created in the training exercise, added the new shapefiles, double checked that they are set as editable.  The map does appear in the list, and does open, but those to shapefiles do not.

What are I doing wrong?  

Thx

0 Kudos
11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

So after seven hours and multiple restarts of both the app and the phone, it still was showing data I had deleted from within ArcGIS Online. Reinstalling the app did the trick.

Bryce Contor

Rocky Mountain Environmental Associates, Inc.

Idaho Falls, Idaho

Sent from my phone

0 Kudos
JasonBrown
Occasional Contributor

Adam, you're the man.  Thanks!

0 Kudos