Error during Sync from iPad to ArcGIS online via collector app

Jump to solution
03-24-2014 02:27 PM
TinaKwitkoski
Occasional Contributor
I have a question, I just started using Collector for ArcGIS recently and I downloaded my data to be offline on my iPad since I would not be WIFI. Now when I go to sync back to my ArcGIS online account I get the error message in the attachment. I am not sure how to fix this or what is causing this to happen. Any suggestions on how to get my data back into the online environment?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Editor tracking and ownership controls are currently not supported with hosted services. Could you disable those properties and then try to do the data collection and sync.

Thanks
Russ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
51 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Are you using a service with required fields? We do have an issue with required fields are working on a fix and could be the reason why you are seeing the rollback message that the service is sending the app when you are trying to sync.

Russ
0 Kudos
TinaKwitkoski
Occasional Contributor
Russ, I do not have any required fields that I know of.. I created all FC's with the option to allow Null values..
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Can you share the service with me and I can take a look?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
TinaKwitkoski
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Editor tracking and ownership controls are currently not supported with hosted services. Could you disable those properties and then try to do the data collection and sync.

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
TinaKwitkoski
Occasional Contributor
Russ, you mention to disable the editor tracking and ownership controls but I am not sure where do disable the ownership control. Could you post a screen shot of where this would be located? I did disable the editor tracking and still failed to sync. I am confused because I used the same features to create 2 web maps that I had edited data onto. Once sync'd fine this one had errors.. I cannot try to sync the data anymore as my iPad had a blue screen of death yesterday and crashed. Had to do a factory re install from iTunes.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
You will need to go to the item detail for the hosted service, click on edit and scroll down to the bottom of the page and uncheck these two options seen in the screen grab.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Russ
0 Kudos
NilsBabel
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks
Russ

Hi Russ, do you know if editor tracking was included in the latest release two days ago (10.2.3)?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Editor tracking is still restricted to ArcGIS Server services in this release but the issue with ownership controls on a service and blocking the editable fields during data collection has been fixed. So now if your service has ownership controls on it and you collect a new feature the fields will be editable.

Russ
0 Kudos