Error during Sync from iPad to ArcGIS online via collector app

Jump to solution
03-24-2014 02:27 PM
TinaKwitkoski
Occasional Contributor
I have a question, I just started using Collector for ArcGIS recently and I downloaded my data to be offline on my iPad since I would not be WIFI. Now when I go to sync back to my ArcGIS online account I get the error message in the attachment. I am not sure how to fix this or what is causing this to happen. Any suggestions on how to get my data back into the online environment?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
51 Replies
AndrewMaracini
New Contributor
I'm having the same issue as Faye. I've checked my services and I have edit tracking disabled, what is the fix? I don't have another android device so that work-around won't work for me. Can I just connect with a cable and download?
0 Kudos
FayeWyatt
New Contributor III
Hi Russ,

I did try to copy the features over to another android device, but it was way beyond my technical abilities so I gave up. In the end I manually input all of the attributes that I collected in the field to the layers on the ArcGIS online layers. I then removed the map and all of the features and re-downloaded it. It is now working fine, and I can add and delete features offline and sync them back to AGISOL using the same map, features, and android device as before. I'm really not sure what happened still, I am just hoping that it doesn't happen again.

Thanks for all of the help,

Faye
0 Kudos
AndrewMaracini
New Contributor
I should mention that one point feature of 19 did sync, and I have successfully sync'd this map in the past with no issues. I also tried the force stop with no success.
0 Kudos
AndrewMaracini
New Contributor
Well since there is no response I guess I'm left to manually do my updates as well. Thanks for no help. I hope there is some resolution since I WAS hoping to employ this technology across our department in addition to finishing the current study with it but now I will need to look for alternative solutions.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Sorry Andrew, I did not see your post from earlier today.
What error are you seeing?
Are you using Hosted Service or ArcGIS Server 10.2.2?
Are you using iOS or Android?

You can try to use the python script listed here which will take your collected features and bring them into a geodatabase. This works with newly created features. http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/107488-Offline-works-in-ios-but-not-android
Also I recommend you contact support if this is an urgent issue and they can help you try and sync the data back.

Russ
0 Kudos
AndrewMaracini
New Contributor
Sorry Andrew, I did not see your post from earlier today.
What error are you seeing?
Are you using Hosted Service or ArcGIS Server 10.2.2?
Are you using iOS or Android?

You can try to use the python script listed here which will take your collected features and bring them into a geodatabase. This works with newly created features. http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/107488-Offline-works-in-ios-but-not-android
Also I recommend you contact support if this is an urgent issue and they can help you try and sync the data back.

Russ

No problem, just frustrated. Error is very generic just says: "Sync Error An error occurred while synchronizing edits". This is a Hosted Service using Android on a Garmin Monterra GPS. I'll give the script a try. Thanks. Is this a bug? Any idea what might be happening? I had been using my current workflow for about 3 weeks with very good success until today.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Do you know roughly the size of the amount of data you are trying to sync? We have an issue with Android with syncing larger amounts of data and it will be fixed in our upcoming update.

Russ
0 Kudos
FayeWyatt
New Contributor III
Hi Russ,

I think the reason I had an issue is that I was trying to sync over 20 edits with photo attachments. Do you know when the update will be released that resolves this problem with Android?

Many thanks

Faye
0 Kudos
MarkWisniewski
New Contributor III
Russ,

I went out into the field with collector (Android), completed my on ground works mapping and photopoint monitoring (13 features). All went smooth without a hitch and then I came back into the office, turned on my WiFi, clicked 'sync' and I receive the same sync error  message.

Now I have this reporting data on my phone which I need to get off for next week. Is there other ways besides python?

Regards,

Ernst
0 Kudos
MarkWisniewski
New Contributor III
Russ,

I went out into the field with collector (Android), completed my on ground works mapping and photopoint monitoring (13 features). All went smooth without a hitch and then I came back into the office, turned on my WiFi, clicked 'sync' and I receive the same sync error  message.

Now I have this reporting data on my phone which I need to get off for next week. Is there other ways besides python?

Regards,

Ernst

Well that's weird, went for a meeting, came back 30 minutes late and tried to sync again and it worked..
0 Kudos