EDIT Hosted Related Table in collector for ArcGIS

Jump to solution
05-03-2017 11:19 AM
JohnBrockwell
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I am having difficulty exposing my hosted feature layer's related table for editing. I have tried republishing several times with different permissions and everytime the edit check boxes are unavailable in the ArcGIS Online Pop-Up (configure attributes). I want my features to remain unchanged and would like my inspectors to simply add a related record everytime they inspect the feature. I'm really at a loss as to why I can't enable this. I'm thinking the permissions may need to be added on the SQL Server Manager but I have tried that as well. I'm really just taking a shot on GeoNet because this process should be straightforward and it continues to frustrate me. 

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Take Care,

John Brockwell

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it should work that way.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JakeSkinner

Hi John,

Can you share the service to an AGOL group and invite my user account (jskinner_CountySandbox) to it?  I can take a look at the service and see if I am able to replicate.  I won't make any changes to the data, I'll just see if I have the option to edit.

JohnBrockwell

Shared. two feature layers and two adjoining map layers for your review

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Hi John,

I think the relationship class is not set up correctly.  When I identify the point features and click 'Show related records' I always receive 'No Value'.  I downloaded the data using the tool, and created the relationship class and then published the service.  There's a web map shared in the group that you can test with.  I was able to have this work Collector for ArcGIS.

Just some info, I created the relationship using the BIN fields in the feature class and table. 

rweeden-esristaff

JohnBrockwell

Hi Jake,

Thanks for taking a peek. I built my relationship on the GLOBALID's. They propably changed at some point during the configurations.

One last thing...Do you know if it's possible to have a relationship table that relates to two feature classes. We would like to inspect polygons and points and have inspcectors update only the related table. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Yes, you should be able to create a relationship class from each feature class to the common table.

JohnBrockwell

OK Great. So then field inspectors should be able to add records from the feature to the relate?

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Yes, it should work that way.