Disconnected Editing Sync Error

03-19-2014 06:12 AM
BrianVillers
New Contributor III
Thrilled with the new offline editing capabilities provided by ESRI.  I have been testing out these new features and they have been generally working fairly well; however, this morning when I perform syncronization the following error displays... Sync Error: An error occurred while synchronizing edits.  Empty username/password.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32305[/ATTACH]

Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- Brian
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
23 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Are you using a hosted service or an ArcGIS Server service? If you are using an ArcGIS Server service what is the security type you are using on the service?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
BrianVillers
New Contributor III
I am currently using a hosted service.  Currently I am now able to sync the changes no problem; however, this problem occurs randomly from time to time. 

Thanks,
Brian
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
I will keep an eye on this issue and see if I can repro it. Are you using an AGOL org that has SSL enabled? Do you know roughly how long after you load the app are you doing the syncs?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
ShaenSomerlot
New Contributor
Testing the new collector out today for the first time.  Been waiting real patiently for this as we need it badly.  Everything is working flawlessly up until the time to sync.  Using strict hosted services as of now.  Been getting an array of errors with no successful syncs.

Errors range from
Server timeout
No internet connection detected - was on strong wifi and in range of Verizon LTE
AND
The most common error simply says ----operation rolled back.
0 Kudos
ShaenSomerlot
New Contributor
Testing the new collector out today for the first time.  Been waiting real patiently for this as we need it badly.  Everything is working flawlessly up until the time to sync.  Using strictly hosted services as of now.  Been getting an array of errors with no successful syncs.

Errors range from
Server timeout
No internet connection detected - was on strong wifi and in range of Verizon LTE
AND
The most common error simply says ----operation rolled back.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
@s_me_too
are you seeing this roll back error message each time you try to sync?

Update*
Does your service have any required fields?

Russ
0 Kudos
ShaenSomerlot
New Contributor
@s_me_too

Update*

Russ

I am seeing it each time I attempted to sync.  The other errors happened during the first attempts and since then it has been the roll back error.

I do have required fields but they have been completed in for the newly collected offline data.
0 Kudos
NilsBabel
Occasional Contributor II
@s_me_too

Update*

Russ

I'm getting this error as well.  Most of the time I get the roll back message but sometimes I get a message that says invalid token.
[<].  When I try to add features in regular mode (using a regular map that i did not download) I get an error when I try and submit the feature.  I'm using the collector for iPad on a cellular connection.  I have some required fields and attachments. 

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
We do have an issue with required fields are working on a fix and could be the reason why you are seeing the rollback message that the service is sending the app when you are trying to sync.  How long after the data was downloaded and collected did you try to sync your edits?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos