Select to view content in your preferred language

Disconnected Editing Sync Error

03-19-2014 06:12 AM
BrianVillers
Deactivated User
Thrilled with the new offline editing capabilities provided by ESRI.  I have been testing out these new features and they have been generally working fairly well; however, this morning when I perform syncronization the following error displays... Sync Error: An error occurred while synchronizing edits.  Empty username/password.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32305[/ATTACH]

Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- Brian
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
23 Replies
NilsBabel
Frequent Contributor
We do have an issue with required fields are working on a fix and could be the reason why you are seeing the rollback message that the service is sending the app when you are trying to sync.  How long after the data was downloaded and collected did you try to sync your edits?

Thanks
Russ

I'm just testing the app, so only minutes between downloading, collecting, and syncing.
0 Kudos
NilsBabel
Frequent Contributor
I just removed my required fields and now the app syncs.  Thanks very much.  One more quick question: do all the layers in your web map have to be compatible feature layers for disconnected editing?  If I add other map services to my web map it says I can't offline mode. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
yes right now to have a map available for offline you need to have all layers supporting sync and/or export.

Russ
0 Kudos
NilsBabel
Frequent Contributor
yes right now to have a map available for offline you need to have all layers supporting sync and/or export.

Russ

Thanks Russ, any plans on adding that for a future release?  I really need to add other reference layers to my map that aren't editable feature services.
0 Kudos
MatPeck
Deactivated User
Hello,

I have also encountered the same sync issue as the OP - the error message states "Empty username/password." I'm logged in, obviously as I can get to the map.

I�??ve force closed the app, reset the ipad, etc. and it still does it. I'm using Hosted Services. What fixed it for you?

Thanks

- Mat

*edit*

I just added a feature to another (different) offline map, and was able to sync successfully.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
This issue has been fixed in the upcoming 10.2.3 update of the Collector app. Can you try signing out and signing back in and trying to sync those edits? We keep track of the edits in the database so signing out wont lose any of your unsynced edits.

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
MatPeck
Deactivated User
This issue has been fixed in the upcoming 10.2.3 update of the Collector app. Can you try signing out and signing back in and trying to sync those edits? We keep track of the edits in the database so signing out wont lose any of your unsynced edits.

Thanks
Russ

Unfortunately signing out and signing back in again did not fix the issue.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Here is a work around that should work;
1) in AGOL create a copy of the map that is showing the error - So just open up the map causing the issue and do Save As - MapName-Copy
2) Refresh map gallery in collector to pull down this new map
3) Open up the MapName-Copy in a connected mode
4) Exit map and go to the map with unsynced edits and tap the sync icon

This should create that username/pwd that you need for syncing the edits back.
Let me know if this works for you
Russ
0 Kudos
MatPeck
Deactivated User
Here is a work around that should work;
1) in AGOL create a copy of the map that is showing the error - So just open up the map causing the issue and do Save As - MapName-Copy
2) Refresh map gallery in collector to pull down this new map
3) Open up the MapName-Copy in a connected mode
4) Exit map and go to the map with unsynced edits and tap the sync icon

This should create that username/pwd that you need for syncing the edits back.
Let me know if this works for you
Russ

Alright, I did that and now it gives me the "Unable to sync replica" message like another post displayed.

Mine says "No permission to sync replica"
0 Kudos
MatPeck
Deactivated User
My 41 new features are now showing up in AGOL (browser), even though I was still getting Sync Errors in the app.

The �??Copy�?� method might have been what fixed it (see thread response from Russ Roberts) and then I also unchecked the �??editor tracking�?� per another thread:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/104850-Sync-errors-with-Collector-offline?p=377873&viewfull=1#post3...
0 Kudos