Disconnected Editing Sync Error

03-19-2014 06:12 AM
BrianVillers
New Contributor III
Thrilled with the new offline editing capabilities provided by ESRI.  I have been testing out these new features and they have been generally working fairly well; however, this morning when I perform syncronization the following error displays... Sync Error: An error occurred while synchronizing edits.  Empty username/password.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32305[/ATTACH]

Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- Brian
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
23 Replies
JeffreyLougee
New Contributor
I'm getting the operation rolled back error and wonder if anyone has found a fix. I don't believe I have any required fields, the track editor features has been turned off, and this fix from another thread didn't help either:

"Here is a work around that should work;
1) in AGOL create a copy of the map that is showing the error - So just open up the map causing the issue and do Save As - MapName-Copy
2) Refresh map gallery in Collector to pull down this new map
3) Open up the MapName-Copy in a connected mode
4) Exit map and go to the map with unsynced edits and tap the sync icon

This should create that username/pwd that you need for syncing the edits back.
Let me know if this works for you
Russ"

Thanks, Jeff
0 Kudos
KevinWatt
New Contributor III
We also have the operation rollback error when trying to sync offline edits.  How do i get all these offline edits off my phone now?

ios app v. 10.2.3
no required fields
have attachments
everything hosted in AGOL
all layers have sync and disconnected editing enabled.

tried signing out and signing back in.

Russ Roberts please help.

Thanks
0 Kudos
KevinWatt
New Contributor III
We also have the operation rollback error when trying to sync offline edits.  How do i get all these offline edits off my phone now?

ios app v. 10.2.3
no required fields
have attachments
everything hosted in AGOL
all layers have sync and disconnected editing enabled.

tried signing out and signing back in.

Russ Roberts please help.

Thanks

Update

I deleted the attachments on the iOs device and it allowed me to sync edits with AGOL.
0 Kudos
MeredithDutlinger
New Contributor
Hi!  When you say you deleted the attachments on the device, do you mean you deleted the actual photos off the device?  In doing so, did the attachment table still publish to AGOL, so you at least know the name of the photo that goes with each feature?  Thanks so much for any info!

Update

I deleted the attachments on the iOs device and it allowed me to sync edits with AGOL.
0 Kudos