Coordinate display/read out

Jump to solution
04-09-2014 05:43 AM
timburley
New Contributor
Hi guys. Is there a way to have the map touch coordinates displayed in a projection other than geographic wgs84?
A national meters grid would ideal.
Thanks Tim
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Have you tried current version of Android Collector (10.3.3)? It should have this capability. If you are using iOS, you will get this capability in the coming version.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Currently there is no way to change the reverse geocode coordinates to go off of the basemap projection.

Russ
0 Kudos
GISSupport3
Occasional Contributor III

Could there at least be an option to change the format of the Lat Long display or display all three (3) formats?

Ideally would also have local projected co-ordinates.

0 Kudos
timburley
New Contributor
Hi Russ
Can I upload a basemap in a projected coordinate system and have portal keep it in that system?
This should allow collector to work in the same system?
Thanks
Tim
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
The app will not alter the basemaps projection but the XY you see displayed will still be in the lat lon for WGS84.

Russ
0 Kudos
GideonSimons
New Contributor II

Hi Russell,

Any idea when this will be solved as it works in WebApp - I have surveyors that need to jot coords down on crib sheet for specific surveys.

Thanks

Gideon

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Have you tried current version of Android Collector (10.3.3)? It should have this capability. If you are using iOS, you will get this capability in the coming version.

GideonSimons
New Contributor II

Hi , thanks - I am having problems with refresh on Collector so it did not appear to be working. Now it is fine.

0 Kudos
JamesPreston
Occasional Contributor

Hi Russell - is this still the case?

0 Kudos
Marcos_AlmirOliveira
New Contributor

Hi guys.

Is there a way to have the map coordinates in "Collector" displayed and registred in a projection other than geographic wgs84?

I need the coordinates and attributes are displayed and recorded in UTM projection. How should I proceed?

Thank you,

Marcos Almir