Collector Token Error

04-29-2014 01:40 AM
SappiGIS
New Contributor III
I have created a map project in Portal for ArcGIS to be consumed in the collector app on Android and IOS devices.  I can open the app and edit and sync data in the connected state, but when I want to download the data on to the devices the following error occurs.

"The map 'MYMAP' failed to download with the message: Message: Unable to generate token. Details: Invalid username or password."

I have created tokens for the service url's and I can access the services on a web application.  The only place where I am blocked is in the collector app download.  Am I missing something?  Has any one came across the same problem?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Are you use Esri basemaps? If so are you using the services.arcgisonline.com url for the basemap or tiledbasemaps.arcgis.com?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Here is a help doc link to how you should set up Esri's services for exporting tiles: Portal & Collector Offline

Russ
0 Kudos
SappiGIS
New Contributor III
Thank you Russ, that helped. I think that will solve the download issue.  Unfortunately I received an error "Unable to load https://MyServer.com/arcgisportal/sharing/proxy? https://www.arcgis/sharing/generateToken status: 403"

I don't know if this might be an issue as well.  Our organisation has a closed network and we opened a url to allow contractors to access our GIS pages and portal.  We aliased the url.  We only created a Domain certificate for the actual url and not for the alias.  The alias url is used to access our network from outside our organisation.  Must we create a Domain certificate for the alias url as well? 

Also when I try to add the tiled basemap it redirects me to a HTTPS url for portal and require me to add it again on which I receive the error attached. When I try to add my edit feature service it does not want to loads aswell due to the HTTPS url (unable to load).  How do I get around this?