Collector not updating offline map when synced

03-27-2019 01:46 PM
Jefcoat_Nathan
New Contributor III

When syncing an offline map (with a pre-packaged map area) edits that are made from collector go to the web map but are not updated onto the offline map.  Essentially, what I am doing is updating view layers that when a field value is changed will alter the visibility of a another feature. So when i sync, the updates go to the web map and edits the layers correctly but the changes are not sent back to the offline map even after another sync. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jefcoat_Nathan
New Contributor III

Edit: Wanted to add that this workflow works when Collector is using an online instance. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you using versioned data from an ArcGIS Server or are you using hosted feature services in Portal/ArcGIS Online?

0 Kudos
Jefcoat_Nathan
New Contributor III

It's a feature service on AGOL (no portal). I'm leaning towards having daily package updates but that only works some time the time.

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

0 Kudos
Shauna-RaeBrown
Occasional Contributor

Dan, I have a similar problem, only our featurelayer is coming from our ArcGIS Server and/or Portal.  I can create a work area, and collect field data, but when I click the [Sync] button in Collector, it says it's synced, but the changes/additions don't show up in the SDE layer when I look at it in ArcCatalog.  The Portal map only has 2 layers: the feature service and the Esri Offline Aerial Imagery.  I'm guessing there's a setting somewhere in the process that I've missed, but I've been looking to resolve this issue for days and I'm very frustrated.  Does ANYONE have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Shauna,

If you are using versioned data, you will want to go into ArcCatalog/ArcMap to switch versions to confirm the data transferred. You won't be able to see the synced data in a default version or in the web map on Portal until you reconcile and post those changes between versions.

0 Kudos
AndrewThompson2
New Contributor II

I have an offline map that wont sync changes as well. I have to remove and then re-download the area to get the changes.