Select to view content in your preferred language

Changing color of symbol to indicate inspection

02-10-2016 06:12 AM
TravisAnderson
Occasional Contributor

I'm a novice when it comes to ArcMap and Collector so hopefully one of you folks can help me out with this.  We are water utility in Ohio and are developing (rather slowly) a hydrant and valve inspection and maintenance program. We currently use Collector, iPad and an EOS Arrow 100 external receiver to gather field data and so far things have worked fairly well. I would like to use Collector to facilitate in our hydrant and valve inspections. What I would like to do is create a way for the field staff to be able to change the color of a hydrant or valve once it has been inspected. If I would tap on the hydrant and see the attribute window display, is there a way to create a drop down arrow or something similar to change the color to indicate that it has been inspected or that it needs replaced, etc.? Visually, the field staff and office staff could quickly access what has or hasn't been inspected. Thanks for you help.

Travis

0 Kudos
12 Replies
KateD
by
New Contributor III

Right now we assign Hydrants that have to be inspected using workforce and it directs them back to Collector to complete the inspection. We do all of our maintenance in collector right now. I am the only person in our municipality with ArcMap and a license. We have 5 departments that are currently doing their work out of collector. It works out really nice.

Yes, you can add layers from AGOL to ArcMap. I have to do that once a year to take the records out and add all of our utility changes from construction the year before. It is a slow process but works out great in the long run.  

0 Kudos
TravisAnderson
Occasional Contributor

So are you saying that you do create a local copy and sync it back to AGOL? I just upgraded our Basic license to Standard so I could use the sync feature, but mainly upgraded so I could create a geometric network. 

0 Kudos
KateD
by
New Contributor III

I have the standard license. What I do is all summer I make our construct changes in ArcMap. Around February I take the feature services out of AGOL with the related tables. I then take the updated information from my ArcMap project and recreate the relationship between the hydrant layer for example, and the hydrant inspection table and then publish it back into AGOL. I hope this makes sense. I do not sync any data.

0 Kudos