Audio files in Collector

01-24-2020 03:43 AM
EnrikaJuzėnaitė
New Contributor

Hello, 

I have a quick question. When will it be possible to attach audio files?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Enrika -- It is possible now on iOS (see Fill out forms—Collector for ArcGIS | Documentation) and in the plans for Android. What platform are you using? 

Esri Education Team
EnrikaJuzėnaitė
New Contributor

Hi Kylie,

thanks for answer. I'm using android.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

For Android, audio recordings are in the plans but aren't going to be included in the upcoming release (Q1 2020). They'll be part of a later release. If you'd like to share more about what you use audio recordings for, please email collector4arcgis@esri.com with details (how many field workers, the type of information they collect in audio attachments, and other details of your workflow).

Thanks!

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you going to open it up to all file types soon?  We really need CSV and PDF.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Doug - PDF support is in the short-term plans (coming to iOS first). For CSVs, could you email your use case tocollector4arcgis@esri.com  - include details about how many field workers, the type of information in the CSV files, and other details of your workflow.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
AndrewWillingale
New Contributor III

Hi Kylie. We're not far off Q4 2020 so hopefully there's some news about Collector on Android supporting audio attachments. I'm about to start a project for a team of 6 users who need to be able to collect and attach audio recordings on site. I'll tell them that they can't currently do it but I'd like to give them a timescale as to when this functionality will be available. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andrew! My role at Esri has changed and I'm no longer on the Collector team. Doug Morgenthaler or Jeff Shaner should be able to give you some info.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Andrew, we are moving new functionalities development to Field Maps. Audio support is at Field Maps Android road map but no specific time frame yet. What audio recording do you record for your project? 

0 Kudos
AndrewWillingale
New Contributor III

Hi. I've been advised that they think that they would want to attach MP3 files. Does audio file attachment now have a date on the Android roadmap?

Thanks, Andrew.

0 Kudos