Are the Arcade FeatureSet functions supported in Collector?

Jump to solution
03-01-2019 11:39 AM
KevinMayall
Occasional Contributor III

I have created Arcade expressions that display pop-up data from a related table using FeatureSets.  They work in ArcGIS Online but not in Collector.  Does Collector (the new iOS version) support FeatureSets?

Kevin
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkEastwood
Occasional Contributor II

Got it working.

Just incase anyone runs into this post and is wondering I ended up needing to wrap the $feature.globalid with the Upper() function. The character values in my GlobalIDs were returning in lower case in Field Maps but the actual GlobalID values have upper case characters.

var sql = "rel_globalid = '" + Upper($feature.globalid) + "'";
var tbl = Filter(FeatureSetByName($map,"Bridge Attributes", ['*'], false), sql);
var val = ''
for (var row in tbl){
    val += row.client_name
}
return val

View solution in original post

36 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Same question.  I switched mine to use $map so it theory it should work.  But I just get blank.

if ($feature.EvalStatus == "Eval") {
var sql = "PlotKey = '" + $feature.PlotKey + "'";
var tbl = Filter(FeatureSetByName($map,"GAP"), sql);

var txt = ''
for (var f in OrderBy(tbl,"LineKey")) {
    txt = txt + Right(f.LineKey,1) + '-'
}
txt = Left(txt,Count(txt)-1)
if (txt != '1-2-3') {
    return "\nLine Number Issue! Found: " + txt
}
else {
    return ''
}
}
else {
    return ''
}

Thanks

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

The newest new version.. ...   if you check out this post from Jeff Shaner‌ https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/collector/field-mobility/collector-for-arcgis-beta-updates... 

It mentions that that the Collecor IOS V19.1.0 beta update includes support for Arcade Expressions.  

Mark

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes I am using that version.  Also tried the recent beta.

Other stuff works just not FeatureSetByName.

Also Relationship counting does not work

{relationships/1/objectid}
0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is it possible to access a {relationships/1/objectid} field in Arcade?

Can I access other Arcade expressions?  Like {expression/expr0} ? 

I would like to have a master check like If {expression/expr0} == 1 and {expression/expr1} == 1 and etc}

Arcade will not let me use {} at all so how do i access these fields?

Thanks 

MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Kevin and Doug,

I have reproduced what you are experiencing with Featuresets and also found out that is scheduled to be implemented in Esri Runtime update 6 which is in development and planned for summer/fall release.... and then the Esri Field Apps will need to be released on the update 6 runtime, so it will be a little while before we see Featureset"" functionn working in Collector.

Mark

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ok thanks for the info.

What about - Is it possible to access a {relationships/1/objectid} field in Arcade?  These are simple check boxes to turn on in the web map but Collector is ignoring them.

thanks

DanteLee
Occasional Contributor II

Mark - any idea on approximate timeline? Are we talking weeks, months, or years?

DaveThompson101
New Contributor III

Hi Mark Bockenhauer

Like Dante Lee, I'm also wondering if we're talking weeks, months, or years here.  I am trying to develop a solution for a client and need to know if this functionality will be available to me in the coming weeks/months.  

I'm trying to pass attributes to Survey123 that are derived based on a spatial intersect in a webmap.  I can do this perfectly from the desktop, but I need to be able to do this from Collector to S123 in the field, offline.  

Thanks for your time!

-Dave

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

David,

Including support for Arcade featureset in runtime apps is schedule for this fall,  if all goes to plan, should be in released product Q1 2020.  (it didn't go as planned for Runtime update 6)

Mark

0 Kudos