ArcGIS Server log error from ArcGIS Collector: Unable to process request for input string" " REST

05-08-2018 04:02 PM
KristaHeinrich2
New Contributor III

Submitting an update to a related table via an ArcGIS collector feature service throws the ArcGIS server Log error: 

WARNINGMay 8, 2018, 3:19:29 PMUnable to process request. For input string: "18446744073709551606"Rest

While the error appears in the ArcGIS server log, it does not appear to have any direct impact on the submitting of the update to the database or adding attachments as everything appears to be working fine. Can anyone tell me why this error is occurring or how to fix it? As we add more mobile editors in the field, I do not want my logs to become flooded with this error... 

I have been able to produce this issue in 2 environments - 

ArcGIS Collector version is 18.0.1 using both:

• ArcGIS Portal 10.4.1 not federated with ArcGIS Server - The feature service url is added to the web map
  • ArcGIS Portal  10.6 with a hosting server - the feature service is published to the hosting server and added to the web map.

When the ArcGIS server log settings are set to debug, it appears to indicate that it has something to do with the feature service attachment handler but this error in fact occurs whether I am adding an attachment or not.

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "18446744073709551606" at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65) at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:592) at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:631) at com.esri.client.app.featureserver.FeatureServiceAttachmentsHandler.service(FeatureServiceAttachmentsHandler.java:50) at com.esri.rf.RServlet.service(RServlet.java:116) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:742) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:231) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166) at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:198) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:96) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:478) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:140) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:80) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:87) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:342) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:799) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:66) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:861) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1455) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)Rest
WARNINGMay 8, 2018, 3:19:29 PMUnable to process request. For input string: "18446744073709551606"Rest

I have tried configuring IIS for attachments as suggested by Collector fails to upload all but small attachments  but no dice...

<system.webServer>

<security>

<requestFiltering>

<requestLimits maxUrl="16384" maxQueryString="8192" />

<verbs>

also the upload read ahead size setting to 20MB

Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

1 Reply
KristaHeinrich2
New Contributor III

update: esri has confirmed that this issue exists in both 10.4.1 and 10.6 and is the bug below. The error message in the Server log being generated is the only issue and does not appear to actually affect the data being updated via collector

BUG-000098817 When a new feature is added to an ArcGIS for Server feature service through Collector ...