ArcPad for Android

11-22-2011 06:38 AM
AdamOlson
Occasional Contributor

Please create ArcPad to run on Android devices.

I do not understand why ArcPad continues to be updated for an old Windows Mobile 6.5 operating system?

Android is far superior and already has some great GIS apps such as Locus Pro and OSMAND.

Please review the features within Locus Pro and OSMAND and create those features in a ArcPad for Android.

Some very usefull features in OSMAND is the transparency slider bar (just keep it on the main screen for easy changing in the field)

Also, please use sqlitedb for tiles and create a desktop application to convert ArcMap projects to sqlitedb format for use on Android.

39 Comments
PeterKwaak
ArcPad or ArcReader functionality on Android based smartphones would be great for our personnel in the field who only need to access our maps to find locations of our utilities. I would continue to use ArcPad on my Trimble GeoXH for data collection in the field. Why is this taking so long to develop?
NunoCharneca
Don't wait any more. do it!
Dinh_QuangDuong
ERSI should take a look on situation of Nokia. Nokia wanted to keep his old fashion in a super fast developement environment and now? Nokia is dead actually
KayleeHerrick
ArcPad is a great product. I don't understand the reasoning to confine it to Windows only. 
DavidMorgan1
Please move away from OS depencency and make it work for Android and IOS.  Those devices are becoming standard and rugged.
Clear need for several years.  

DHCDHC
by
Desparate for ArcPad on iOS! ArcCollector is frustratingly limited. 
BerneJackson

How about Collector for Windows Mobile:  that would breath some new life into millions of older devices.

ManoriSuriyarachchi

Desparate for ArcPad on Android

PatrickMurphy

Collector is so primitive compared to ArcPad. Can’t do labels for example. ESRI has let us all down. I was happy to pay annual subscription to have ArcPad, but dropped it since there is no real update. You have to pay for ArcGIS to Get Collector but there is not development for Collector to get it to the ArcPad level. This is shameful. Windows Mobile is really dead dead dead.

Ecotone Corporation

Patrick Murphy

1554 North Street

Boulder, CO 80304

303-444-4358

20080217v2smaller